TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Cheap Bastards: No Free Listing Day on US site. $0.10 listing day on 12/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
10 cent listings on 12/27 for both auction and fixed price listings...some restrictions of course apply

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/10centevent/...DV:AB1000/

Second straight year without a free listing day.  Considering the glitches and security problems that plagued the site during December, a free listing day was definitely warranted.  Tongue2

Quote:What is excluded?

eBay Motors vehicles, International, Live Auction, Professional Services, Real Estate, Ad Format and Store Inventory listings.

Business & Industrial categories. The following business and industrial categories are excluded from the 10¢ Sale: tractors & farm machinery (91952), heavy equipment (25249), concession trailers, carts (67145), imaging and aesthetics equipment (92035), forklifts and other lifts (97185), manufacturing equipment (92080), metalworking equipment (92082) and commercial printing presses (26247).

The promotional rate does not apply to listings with a start date prior to December 27, 2005 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional rate also does not apply to listings created on December 27, 2005 and scheduled to start after the promotion ends.
Kaofour
I'm not surprised at all.  I had a sneaky feeling when it was a 10 cent listing day on December 27, 2004 that we would never see a free day again.  Ahhhh, I remember them good old days from 2003 and previous to that of the free listing days at Christmas time.  I guess we had a good run at it for a few years though and ten cent listings are better than nothing I guess.  :-\
10 cents on .ca too

Quote:***10 cent Listing Day - December 27, 2005*** 

26 December, 2005 | 20:01

eBay.ca is having a 10 cent Listing Day! It all starts Tuesday, December 27, 2005 at 00:00:01 EST (12:00 AM plus one second on December 27, 2005) and ends that same day Tuesday, December 27, 2005 23:59:59 EST (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Insertion fees for Auction-Style and Fixed Price listings will be reduced to 10 cents. This change will be immediately reflected on the eBay.ca site. eBay.com and eBay Motors are having similar promotions this same day. Click here for details. Please keep in mind the US promotions are open to Canadians, but have different start and end times and different eligibility requirements. Listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period of December 27, 2005 will be eligible for the promotional fee.

Motors vehicles, Business and Industrial Capital Equipment, Store Inventory Format and Real Estate Ad Format listings will not be included in this promotion. Items listed before or after the promotional period and then later revised will not be eligible for the 10 cent insertion fee. The promotional rate will also not apply to listings created during the promotion on December 27, 2005, but scheduled to start after the promotion ends.

For more details, including detailed eligibility and exclusions, click here.
Nat Wrote:I'm not surprised at all.  I had a sneaky feeling when it was a 10 cent listing day on December 27, 2004 that we would never see a free day again.

I had that feeling too.
Oh, thank you SKYPE!  :Smile

Quote:December 26, 2005 | 05:01PM PST/PT

Hi...It’s Bill Cobb here to share a little extra holiday cheer with you. Our new friends and partners at Skype have offered to sponsor a listing promotion for eBay members. So tomorrow, as a gift from Skype to you, we’re running a one-day promotion on www.ebay.com and www.ebay.ca during which insertion fees for auction-style and Fixed Price listings will be just 10 cents. (eBay Motors Parts & Accessories are also included. Click here for more details.)

Of course, you don’t have to use Skype to participate in this promotion. But if you haven’t tried it yet, I encourage you to get a free download. Try it with your friends and family to stay in touch over the holidays.

On behalf of everyone at eBay, we hope you’re having a safe, joyous holiday season and we wish you a Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President, eBay North America
Excuse me while I go  Puke after reading that Bill Cobb letter.  :Smile
Last year it was a 5-cent listing day, wasn't it?

[quote author=stardust link=topic=1909.msg6688#msg6688 date=1135655463]
Last year it was a 5-cent listing day, wasn't it?
[/quote]

I had to go look it up.  Big Grin  It was 10 cents. http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y04/m12/i27/s01

Canada and the UK were spared the Bill "Skype" Cobb letter.  Tongue2
Pages: 1 2