TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ireland: Online shoppers don’t know their rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A study conducted on Irish online shoppers:

Quote:NEARLY four-fifths of people are not aware of their consumer rights when buying goods online while just 10% know that these goods can be returned within seven days of delivery, research shows.

Internet sales are a huge growth area for business but a report by the UCC Department of Law shows more than two thirds of online shoppers “only sometimes” or “never” read terms and conditions of sale before purchasing an item...

full article: http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/i...Z4ZdfI.asp
Quote:more than two thirds of online shoppers “only sometimes” or “never” read terms and conditions of sale before purchasing an item...

I think the 2/3 figure is universal. Also undread are user agreements and privacy policies.
This does remain true across the board.

No matter how clear and visible one makes those policies and terms, people will still ignore them.

It is the same story with user agreements.

Hard to say who is to blame, I imagine the fact that most of the agreements are mandated full of legalese beyond comprehension of most plays a large role.
Quote:No matter how clear and visible one makes those policies and terms, people will still ignore them.

I get this with my shipping information page all the time
Quote:more than two thirds of online shoppers “only sometimes” or “never” read terms and conditions of sale before purchasing an item

Sign13 money making idea Sign13
*rushes off to insert the words "by bidding on this item you agree to give me the deed to your house"  in all terms of sale*

Angel1