TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Customers furious after online holiday delivery fiasco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:One of Britain's most exclusive department stores left thousands of its customers without luxury Christmas food supplies over the festive season after it was overwhelmed by internet orders.

Fortnum & Mason, grocer to the Queen and purveyor of the most famous hamper in the world, only discovered a few days before Christmas that it would not meet all its orders and failed to notify many of its customers that they would not be receiving their deliveries.

Some customers, who had not received their food by Christmas Eve, called the store and faced telephone delays of up to an hour before they were put through to staff in the customer services department... 

full article: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/event/story.cfm?c_id=1500988&objectid=10361722
The holidays are the wrong time to make order mistakes.
Anytime IS the wrong time to make order mistakes.
But is happens.
I once sent two widgets to a customer by mistake.

They e mailed me later about it and because of their honesty...
I said keep the second one.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=1933.msg6779#msg6779 date=1135812266]
Anytime IS the wrong time to make order mistakes.
But is happens.
I once sent two widgets to a customer by mistake.

They e mailed me later about it and because of their honesty...
I said keep the second one.
[/quote]

BBH*  screws up once or twice a year and mixes up orders.  This year he* sent an order meant for Sweden to Alaska and the Alaska order to the buyer in Sweden.  Both buyers were very understanding, received full refunds, and got to keep the items they had received for free.

*Any error we make is entirely BBH's fault.