TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Dawn of the eBay Deadbeats: Stories the eBay brass prayed you would never hear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New book.  Limited edition of 2000 available on eBay auctions and www.book-ends.com

Quote:Dawn of the eBay Deadbeats reveals true tales of treachery, lies, and fraud from the dark recesses of the world’s largest online auction marketplace.

You can buy and sell almost anything on eBay, and millions do, making the auction giant a huge success story. But behind all the glitter is a seedy back alley where shady characters lurk. For the first time in print, here are true stories of outrageous rip-offs, slick scams, and assorted chicanery the mainstream media has been missing. Think you won't get bamboozled? Read this book and think again!

Dawn of the eBay Deadbeats is jam-packed with outrageous tales of auctions gone bad. Stories plumbing the depths of depravity such as:

* How a Bad Auction Ruined My Wedding!
    * The Repulsive Rubber Glove Incident
    * The Mysterious eBay Stalker
    * Robbed by a "PowerSeller"
    * How I Lost $16,000 on a Comic Book
    * The Psycho Seller
    * The Hunchback of eBay Motors
    * The Hideous Kitchen Appliance
    * This Deadbeat Deep-Sixed My Business
    * I Got Swindled Out of $27,500

auction listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4596720821
Quote:* The Repulsive Rubber Glove Incident

I hate to think what it involved.  :blinkie:
I'm thinking I can read those "outrageous tales of auctions gone bad" for free on eBay's own forums. Laughing7

Come to think of it, I wonder if that's where the author got some of his material.
But these are illustrated!
I bought the book, Dawn of the eBay DEADBEATS, from blacksambellamy. It's great. If I wasn't so cheap I'd be inclined to buy a bunch of them and ship them out to different talkshow hosts around the country. The seller also promotes a site called ebayersthatsuck.com which rates bad ebayers. I haven't checked it out in detail yet but it looks interesting. ~Bob
I'm planning on buying it...from Amazon.
I considered buying it elsewhere. But I wanted it to show up on my ebay feedback. :jgong:
Bob,
Make sure you write up a review on eBay AND Amazon.  Wink
I had to register so I could check out the website. Smile
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2173.msg7899#msg7899 date=1137602701]
Bob,
Make sure you write up a review on eBay AND Amazon.  Wink
[/quote]

Signs064
Pages: 1 2