TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Calling all victims, Bidville Announces Free Storefronts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Bidville Announces Free Storefronts

Posted 12/29/2005 11:19:10 AM
Bidville will be making a formal announcement on January 2, 2006 and will be sending out an email to all sellers announcing that in January 2006- Bidville Stores are free!

If you currently have a Bidville Store, this is Bidville`s gift to you- a free month in January!

If you do not have a Storefront, what are you waiting for? The $5 monthly maintenance fee for Stores is waived for the Month of January!

Open a Store and start selling your Bidville Store items today in your TrackPal under `Store`!

*Note: If you do open a Store before January 1, 2006 the pro-rated amount of $0.16 per day will be applied to your Bidville account.

Thank you.

Bidville Moderator

If you open a store today you'll get  billed  32 cents. Happy001
Quote:If you open a store today you'll get  billed  32 cents.  Happy001

This might be one of the few times I'll stick up for BidVille.  If it was eBay they would bill you $15.95 for the 2 days, and also bill you $15.95 for the free January promo (and promise to issue a site credit for the January fee by June).

Now I'm done sticking up for BidVille.  Smile  The title of their announcement is misleading...they seem to have conveniently left out the words 'January Only' from the subject line.

I beta tested their stores and kept mine open for 1 month after the beta ended: $5 monthly is too much to pay when the stores receive ZERO traffic.
Bye bye bidville. Wave

Websites are the WAY to go.
New BidVille stores feature added (this weekend?): "Convert Auctions to Store Items "
Quote:The $5 monthly maintenance fee for Stores is waived for the Month of January!

Oooooh, 5 whole bucks?  Oh so generous of them....NOT!!!!

That's not going to bribe me into going back.  I left there I guess about a year or so (maybe longer) when I had tons of credits with them that I was using for features and also for paying the auction ending fees and then out of the blue THEY decided to change it so that MY credits were only to be used to features and not the ending fees - and worse yet they didn't even tell me?  I had to find out the hard way by selling a few things and then ending up being charged when in the past it came out of my credits?  Was I impressed?  Well, let's just say I was so bloody "impressed" I sent them the snarkiest of emails I ever sent anyone and demanded they close my account and I haven't been back since.

They can't buy me for $5 for a measely 1 month.  It will take a heck of a lot more than that for me to go back and honestly don't see me going back there....ever!!!
Nat Wrote:I had tons of credits with them that I was using for features and also for paying the auction ending fees and then out of the blue THEY decided to change it so that MY credits were only to be used to features and not the ending fees

I still have $44 in credits available.  Smile After the Bidville stores beta test ended I kept the store open and even upgraded it to a feature store because I was planning on using the credits to pay the fees.  2 weeks later when they changed the credits to "enhancement only redits" I closed the store.  The unannounced change to credits happened at the same time they changed to twice monthly billing in December 2004.