TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How do I get my GoDaddy Email Notification popup back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to get a popup that told me when I have mail on my web based email. I now get an error message that says: "Problems with this webpage might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly..blah, blah, blah.." GoDaddy doesn't know how to help me, except to say that it is an Internet explorer problem. Anyone have an answer? ~Bob
Quote:"Problems with this webpage might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly..blah, blah, blah.." GoDaddy doesn't know how to help me, except to say that it is an Internet explorer problem.

I think its a GoDaddy problem.  They've had some problems with their email lately. I couldn't even access the webmail for my account by its domain name for 4 days last week ...I had to login to the GoDaddy.com site and access the webmail from the account center there.

I couldn't find a popup setting on the one GoDaddy email account I have--is the popup part of the GoDaddy service or a Windows feature?
The popup is a GoDaddy feature. But I get an error message in the lower lefthand corner of my IE page when the email notification is supposed to pop. My popup blocker is off for that, though. I have noticed that GoDaddy has been running a little slow lately and doing some weird stuff. I don't think that they like to cop to those things as a rule. Overall I've been happy with them but I miss my popup.
If the popup is a GoDaddy email feature then it was probably one of their recent code changes that broke it (  ...kind of like eBay's enhancements.)  Microsoft hasn't made any changes to IE recently that would cause the problem.

About the only thing you can do is wait and hope they realize there is a problem and  fix it quickly on their end.

Quote:I don't think that they like to cop to those things as a rule.

No (think eBay here).  A lot of times it takes many, many customer complaints to get service providers to even realize that there is a problem (RoadRunner in NYC is a prime example--their CS reps are always the last to know when there is a system outage).