TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Small Online Under $5 Purchases Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:...study that found more Americans are making online purchases of $2 or less...

The study attributes the increase of small online purchases in part by the popularity of Apple's iTunes music store...

An estimated 45 million Americans are willing to use credit or debit cards for purchases of $5 or less, up 23 percent from September 2004...

"Credit and debit cards are steadily becoming a more common method of paying for low-priced goods and services...

full article: http://www.imediaconnection.com/news/7702.asp
Quote:consumers appear to be increasingly willing to use credit or debit cards in small payment purchases for a variety of items,

I use my PayPal debit card for under $2 stamp purchases at the post office (and to get cash).  Saves me from paying a $1.75 ATM fee Smile

The only reason many people don't make purchases under $2 is the shipping.  It is often cheaper to just go to the store.  I think people are more reluctant to make large $ purchases online...especially if the seller or marketplace is an unknown to them (Bidville is a good example of a place where high priced items don't sell).
I'm guilty of iTunes binges.  :oops: