TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How to Tell If You're Addicted To E-mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to Tell If You're Addicted To E-mail

1. You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

2. You name your children Eudora, Aol and Dotcom.

3. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, as if you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

4. You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.

5. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.

6. You laugh at people with 28.8 KBPS- modems.

7. You start using smileys in your snail mail.

8. You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a word processor.com

9. You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.

10. You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.

11. You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.

12. You don't know what gender three of your closest friends are, because
they have neutral screennames and you never bothered to ask.

13. You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.

14. You tell the cab driver you live at http://www.edison~/garden/house/brick.html
to a friend.

15. You start tilting your head sideways to smile.

16. After reading this message, you immediately E-mail it
Quote:1. You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.
Quote:7. You start using smileys in your snail mail.
Quote:11. You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.
Quote:13. You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.

Hello
Quote:7. You start using smileys in your snail mail.

Snail mail?  What's that?  I don't write letters - I send emails and those that don't have email rarely hear from me (thankfully my closest family and friends have email that live far away).

Quote:1. You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

I check it before going to the bathroom, not after.  Smile
Quote:9. You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.

Happy001
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2013.msg7094#msg7094 date=1136427021]

[/quote]

Check it for what? To make sure it's still there?  Happy001
[quote author=kim link=topic=2013.msg7134#msg7134 date=1136495964]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2013.msg7094#msg7094 date=1136427021]

[/quote]

Check it for what? To make sure it's still there?  Happy001

[/quote]

She's an asshat  Smile