TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: FREE LISTING DAY + FREE GALLERY FOR STORES - January 4, 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Happy001 I forgot to put eBay Canada only in the subject line  Happy001

Sorry (not)  :twistedevil:

Canadian residents only.

Quote:***FREE LISTING DAY + FREE GALLERY FOR STORES - January 4, 2006*** 

03 January, 2006 | 14:00

eBay is having a Free Listing Day + Free Gallery for the first 30 days of your Good 'Til Cancelled Store Inventory Format listings! It all starts Wednesday, January 4, 2006 at 00:00:01 EST (12:00 AM plus one second on January 4, 2006) and ends that same day Wednesday, January 4, 2006 23:59:59 EST (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

Insertion fees for the first 30 days of your Good 'Til Cancelled Store Inventory Format listings will be credited back to your sellers account. Also, if you choose to add Gallery to your Good 'Til Cancelled Store Inventory Format listings, the fees will be credited back to your account. The reduced fees for this promotion will not be immediately reflected on the site. Users will receive a credit to their account by February 14, 2006 or before. Listings created prior to the promotion and scheduled to start during the promotional period of January 4, 2006 will be eligible for the promotional fee.

The promotional fee is good for all Canadian residents who list their items in Good 'Til Cancelled Store Inventory Format on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors.

Auction-style, Fixed Price, Real Estate Ad format and Store Inventory format listings in either 30 or 90 day duration will not be eligible for the promotion. Items listed in Motors vehicles and Business and Industrial Capital Equipment will be excluded from this promotion. The promotional rate does not apply to listings created during the promotion (January 4, 2006) but scheduled to start after the promotion ends. The promotional rate will also not apply to eligible listings that are later revised to make the item ineligible for the promotion.

For more details, including detailed eligibility and exclusions, click here.

Quote:The promotional fee is good for all Canadian residents who list their items in Good 'Til Cancelled Store Inventory Format on eBay.ca, eBay.com or eBay Motors.

I'm going to lie and tell Meg I'm a Canadian resident.  :twistedevil:
The usual fine print.  They will bill you for listing fees tomorrow and issue a site credit next month.

Quote:IMPORTANT: The reduced fees for this promotion will  not be immediately reflected on the site. Users will receive a credit to their account by February 14, 2006 or before.
When I first saw this promo I realized something - it's been quite a while since I've been free listings in stores - they used to do those periodically. 

But you know you what - I can't be bought for that promo.  I'm not reopening my store for that.
How do buyers find eBay.ca stores?  No mention on the front page and just a tiny mention at the very bottom of the buy page.  Its easier to find the wonderful "Hockey Board"  :Smile message board (I believe eBay is planning a cowboy board for the US site and a combo wooden shoes/windmill  board for the Dutch site as part of their national stereotypes theme) that eBay added then it is to find the .ca stores.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2014.msg7050#msg7050 date=1136339491]
I believe eBay is planning a cowboy board for the US site )

[/quote]

Hmmmmm . . . shopping for cowboys on eBay.

Now that's an enhancement that I could learn to like.  Lol
Quote:Its easier to find the wonderful "Hockey Board"  Roll Eyes message board (I believe eBay is planning a cowboy board for the US site and a combo wooden shoes/windmill  board for the Dutch site as part of their national stereotypes theme)

Hey don't knock the Hockey Board - That was actually requested by the Community.  It only took Carlyzilla (Queen Bitch of eBay.ca, the so-called "Community Manager", Hitler's sister) about 2 years to get it up there.
Quote:Hmmmmm . . . shopping for cowboys on eBay.

Now that's an enhancement that I could learn to like.

You should see me in my "cowboy" outfit.
Not as revealing as my xpp tights...
Butt the "chaps" do reveal some of my "other" attributes.  :blinkie:
dnc_ont Wrote:Hey don't knock the Hockey Board - That was actually requested by the Community.  It only took Carlyzilla (Queen nasty kangaroo of eBay.ca, the so-called "Community Manager", Hitler's sister) about 2 years to get it up there

Is she the twin sister of kelley@ebay.com?  Happy001
Quote:Is she the twin sister  of kelley@ebay.com?  happy001

Oh, she's a real piece of work.  I should post all the stuff about what happened, and how a number of members got the perma-ban from the stupid twat last year.

And like how there was a sunflower growing contest on the Canada Town Square board for a few years running, and how Carlykins always donated eBay prizes.  Well this past summer, the contest started again, she once again agreed to donate prizes from eBay in addition to the rest of the prize donators, and all of a sudden because there was an entry fee ($3 CDN) to cover the cost of the seeds and postage to mail them to the entrants (no different from any of the other years BTW) all of a sudden it was against eBay policy, she posted a message "cancelling" the contest (BS - it wasn't even being run by her), and the organizer of the contest ended up getting NARUed for a while because she questioned her (banned and NARUed for 'not following the instructions of an eBay employee')  The ruckus around this time ended up with a number of sellers being banned from the boards for increasing periods of time, those that appealed to her ended up being banned LONGER, when those that tried to defend themselves to her, she banned a whole bunch indefinately - ask again in 90 days.  Most all of those ones when they asked at 90 days, she decided that they were still not welcome on the boards.  It's been over a year now for most of them...

The contest was of course a success, simply moved to a forum off eBay  Toothy9
I did not win.
Pages: 1 2