TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Understanding and Coping with the eBay UseTheYellowButton Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Channel Advisor Webinar January 5th at 2 pm EST, " Understanding and Coping with the eBay UseTheYellowButton Changes" .  60 minutes.  I think I'm busy at that time...webinars are such fun  Tongue

Quote: In Q4 2005, eBay changed the way the "Ask Seller a Question" system works and without notice started offering buyers the option to hide their email. This has caused a snowballing customer service problem for all high-volume sellers that has gotten progressively worse as other changes were made to implement email/day limits and spider defeaters. The UseTheYellowButton changes have also caused many other problems such as phishing/account hijack exposure and ultimately lost GMV/angry customers.

Based on our customer discussions, many top sellers are unaware of the change and have been sending emails to usetheyellowbutton@ebay.com not realizing that these are NOT going to the buyers that asked the questions. Other customers are in a quandary about how to handle the situation and many are now deleting all of these emails. ChannelAdvisor has been monitoring the situation and feels it is extremely important to share our findings with sellers.

The discussion will include:

* UseTheYellowButton – Timeline of the rollout and basic background on the technology.
    * UseTheYellowButton – Phishing schemes to be aware of. What do I do if my account is hijacked?
    * UseTheYellowButton – Best practices: should you delete these emails? Are there ways around the problem? How do the email limits work and how can you maximize the number of customer requests you can answer/day?
    * Q+A

Register for the [glow=red,2,300]FREE[/glow] webinar here: http://www.channeladvisor.com/webinars/
Quote:without notice started offering buyers the option to hide their email.

Thanks for making life difficult Ebay  Thefinger