TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBayer bids £1k for photo of 42in plasma TV, Seller Says He Did No Wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The seller of the picture writes a letter to The Register:

Quote:Hi,

I was the seller of this item, I had to bid on the item myself and end the listing early. the price was getting rediculous. There was no way that I was going to allow someone to pay £2000 for a picture. I couldnt live with myself with that. Also an ebay told me that I needed permision from panasonic to sell a picture of their item, which I did not know.

Other than the permision that I needed, there was nothing wrong with what I was selling as far as I can see...

full letter, screenshot of listing (actual listing was pulled by eBay): http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/05/...asma_scam/

The full letter from the seller is entertaining  :Smile
:o  These guys really got it figured out, don't they... Geez.

Where exactly do people learn to be such an Confusedmileyazwipe: anyways?  I'd be great at it.  I'd be a bloody millionaire in 10 days.  Click here to buy my book full of money making secrets, only $199.95...  Sign10
Just goes to show you.
People don't read.

Maybe feebay is right after all.

People really do need some type of "protection" to buy on feebay.
Do they make condoms that big???  Happy001
Maybe this?

http://www.jokesbypost.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=167

Years ago I had a "Keyboard condom" to protect from spills, lol.  (Yes, it was actually sold as a "Keyboard Condom") LOL

Here's one to protect from the China scammers on eBay:

[Image: xin_51120101022694946156.jpg]
In defense of  not so bright bidders and buyers . . . there are a lot of folks these days using eBay for whom English is not their first language - or even if it is, have less than Ivy League command of the subject.    If I were reading that ad in . . . Spanish . . . I could see where I could get confused.
Yeah, I know.  I wouldn't bid that sort of money unless I was sure I wasn't confused but folks are funny that way.  And, there are still lots of folks who think buying on eBay is safe.  Bs
Quote:there was nothing wrong with what I was selling as far as I can see. It was listed under home and garden: decorative items and there was also another note further down the listing that said 'note: you are bidding on a picture of the plasma being described and not the actual plasma itself'.

There  is a remote chance that he really is that dumb and truly doesn't understand what was wrong with his listing, just like there's also a very remote chance that my real name is Meg Whitman.  :twistedevil:
Oh perfect.  After I typed my last post the google ad that appeared was "You've been chosen to receive a free 42 inch plasma TV"  Happy001
Quote:Oh perfect.  After I typed my last post the google ad that appeared was "You've been chosen to receive a free 42 inch plasma TV"

The banner I see at the top 99% of the time is one that keeps telling me to search for a job on their site.. (monster.ca)  Like,  Stfu, stupid computer. 
I've seen so many of those auctions that turn out to be the picture and you know, as sleezy and deceiving as it may be, I really don't side with the buyers on those auctions when they go to the eBay forums crying boo-hoo-hoo they paid $x and they received only a picture and when I look at the auction it very clearly says it's for the picture of the tv or xbox or whatever the item is - they just didn't read the full description and only read what they wanted to read.

I don't know which is worse, the buyer not reading or some sellers taking advantage of that.  One thing's sure, the buyer that get taken in by those auction I bet they sure read the full descriptions they bid on after that.
I here you Nat.
I was thinking the same.

I think ebay thinks that way as well.

In so many instances I think people just need to take
responsibility for their own stupidity.
We don't NEED no stinking BPP or SPP on ebay.

We need common sense buyers with the ability to READ.

BTW Happy New Year hope you had a great holiday.
Pages: 1 2