TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Adding new languages to web sites will be a key trend among retailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Adding new languages to web sites will be a key trend among retailers and other companies seeking a global presence, according to a new survey...

87% of those responding to the survey said that Chinese is the most important language to add to a global web site...

Other languages cited as top priorities by those surveyed were Spanish for the U.S. market (34%), Spanish for Latin America (23%), Arabic (23%), Russian (17%), and Korean (11%)...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=17201
If there is a free translation available for a script I'll add it but I'm not hiring a translator.
[quote author=jezebel link=topic=2076.msg7245#msg7245 date=1136692930]
If there is a free translation available for a script I'll add it but I'm not hiring a translator.
[/quote]

I wouldn't suggest using babelfish for translating your site into another language--sometimes the translations it gives can have an unintended double meaning.  Laughing7