TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bidville Cuts 75% of Its Employees--Only 3 Employees Left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Despite the spewings of BidVille's PR person in this article,  the fact remains that in BidVille's latest quarterly filing with the SEC it once again stated its "going concern" warning and said it needed to find an investor in order to avoid going bye-bye.  To date no announcement has been made that the company has obtained the needed additional financing.

Quote:Online auction site Bidville went through a major restructuring in September, and now the site is better than ever, said its spokesperson. Kim Cullen said the auction site "reorganized and restructured" in September. That's when President and CEO Michael Palandro resigned and the site temporarily suspended all billing processes

Cullen said the company went from 12 employees down to 3 employees. "There were too many bodies that we didn't really need," she said

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m01/i09/s01
Quote:All new sellers must join the VIP program that requires a verification-by-phone process. Existing sellers have the option of becoming VIP verified, she said.

Quote:There are 1700 VIP members and 900 sellers with Safe settings

The thriving Bidville Community.  :Smile

Only 3 Employees Left?

Hey that's one more than both ebay's and PPs
customer service Employees combined.
Happy001
I actually sold 3 items over there! Toothy9 Worth about $20 in total sales, if I remember correctly.  And was awarded the status of VIP seller because of it!  Happy001
Quote:"There were too many bodies that we didn't really need,"

Who needs customer service and programming staff?  Happy001
The ones let go are now employed with eBay.  They have to start off as Pinks.  If they survive being a Pink, they will then get promoted.
So now they get a part time job with ebay right?
I mean Pinks only work what... 10-15 hours a week?

The rest of their time is spent in ebay seminars,
sipping the  Smileykoolaid and learning the old duck and move routine.