TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Podcast vs Newsletter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of Frik 'n Frak and BBH as I write this poll, and there are others. The assumption is that you like the people behind the ecommerce site and that these people have naturally entertaining personalities.
I voted for 'which would I rather send'.  I chose newsletter because a large percentage of Internet users (both in the US and internationally) still use dialup and probably wouldn't be too happy if they had to sit through the downloading of a large podcast file...of course you could always maintain 2 separate lists and produce both newsletters and podcasts.
Am I allowed to vote in my own poll? I voted for podcast 'cuz I hate reading unless I'm interested. It takes less effort to sit through a funny 30-second blurb.
Quote:these people have naturally entertaining personalities.

What if they don't? I think a badly done podcast could do more damage to a company's reputation than a bad newsletter.  You can get away with having one tooth and picking your nose if you write a newsletter.  You can't with a podcast. 

A toothless nose-picking podcast woud be good for MisterOriginal, but it would probably hurt Diger's business. Since everything done under MisterOriginal is virtual, nobody has to worry about slimy boogers on the end product. I can't imagine a customer wanting to handle a boogered needlepoint, or wear a boogered microthong, though.

But, for the visually impaired, even diger could have a boogery toothless podcast!
Quote: a boogered microthong

that might go for a higher price than an unWORN one  :blinkie:
Man! I never thought of that! Wish I had your business sense!