TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: More Auction Cities Press Releases...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:VALENCIA, Calif., Nov. 1 -- AuctionCities.com, Inc. (Pink Sheets: AUCC), announces that they have negotiated an association with the prominent marketing firm, Global Customer Contact Solutions, Inc., in the creation of a comprehensive online yellow page database.

Auctioncities.com is prepared to launch its new online yellow page marketing campaign in mid November...

AUCC will offer small- to medium-sized businesses in the goods and services sector a three tiered level of exposure beginning with basic listings on a low monthly basis; the Company will offer category sponsorship and banner placements as an after sale upgrade.

Michael Berman, AuctionCities.com CEO stated, "Auctioncities.com is excited to offer yellow page services to its clients and believes that it is the final piece to its local market online shopping infrastructure. We have over 40,000 zip code sites and 150 major city sites representing comprehensive national coverage; the yellow page services creates the perfect consumer to business platform in a way that is consistent with its corporate theme and ideal for business development."

full press release: http://www.auctioncities.com/index.php?p...om/news10/
I know nothing about this site.
Is it any good?
I'm looking at it now and if any of you know anything about please let me know.

I'm on so many other sites now (helps with SEO),
that I don't even know what sites.
Just hope all my e mails are updated so if and when, someone buys
from one of them I will be able to close the deal. LOL
[quote author=xppman link=topic=227.msg4195#msg4195 date=1130954941]
Is it any good?
I'm looking at it now and if any of you know anything about please let me know.

I'm on so many other sites now (helps with SEO),
that I don't even know what sites.
Just hope all my e mails are updated so if and when, someone buys
from one of them I will be able to close the deal. LOL

[/quote]

eBay killed Bidbay.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=227.msg4195#msg4195 date=1130954941]
Is it any good?

[/quote]

When it was known as BidBay and had a few million listings it was good...and then:

Quote:eBay killed Bidbay.

...by suing Bidbay and Bidbay soon became AuctionDiner and then Bidway and started to slide down hill...
...and then BidWay finished off Bidway by charging listing fees and causing over 90% of the remaining sellers to leave
...and then the newly renamed AuctionCities told its few remaining sellers to leave by really really raising listing fees in September

I'll let you decide if its any good  :twistedevil:
full press release: http://www.auctioncities.com/index.php?p...om/news13/

Quote:AUCTIONCITIES.COM "BULLISH" DESPITE "BARE" STOCK REPORTS

Dual Front of Massive Product Import and Strategic Alliances Balances an Aggressive Move Into the Investor Relations Marketplace

VALENCIA, Calif., Nov. 8 -- AuctionCities.com, Inc. (Pink Sheets: AUCC) announces the launch of a six-month campaign with "The Bull & Bear Investor Relations Programs" designed to increase investment community awareness of AuctionCities.com's enterprising activity in continuing to build the character and content of the website with the addition of a variety of goods and services.

AuctionCities.com is more than just an auction site. Currently, new business relationships with several online content providers, greatly increase the potential for users to experience comprehensive shopping satisfaction.

PC Mall, Inc...

DollarDay$ ...

Musician's Friend ...

Michael Berman, AuctionCities.com, Inc. CEO, stated, "We believe that this content acquisition format provides online shoppers with a flexible market based solution while offering the traditional 'Mom and Pop' sellers of used content with the perfect platform to carve out their commercial niche. AuctionCities.com is excited to be able to offer such a diversity of quality product and anticipates a strong and stable relationship with our content partners."
Quote:this content acquisition format

Explains how they went from under 20,000 to over 150,000 listings.
Quote:over 150,000 listings.

Dazed012

Quote:We believe that this content acquisition format provides online shoppers with a flexible market based solution while offering the traditional 'Mom and Pop' sellers of used content with the perfect platform to carve out their commercial niche

I don't see the few remaining "Mom & Pop" sellers (you know, the type that kept the site alive for years until AuctionCities decided to shit on them and drive them off with its recent huge price hike) being helped much, if at all, by the addition of a huge amount of mass market goods.

I'm not even sure if the mass market retailers (i.e. content partners) will benefit that much.  PCMall has over 27,000 items listed and their MacMall ID also has a huge number of items listed.  After 1 month of listing on AC both IDs still have feedback ratings of 0.  (...of course, it might help if they provided payment info, etc in their listings...or used a template http://www.auctioncities.com/listings/de...1128866232)

Something tells me that the "content partners" are not paying the same high listing fees that the "mom & pops" are paying, so it really doesn't hurt them to have their items sit, but the "mom & pops" don't have the same luxury of being able to afford to relist and relist until something sells.
Quote:After 1 month of listing on AC both IDs still have feedback ratings of 0.

The next content partner BIDBAY signs should be buyers  Bootyshake
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=227.msg4746#msg4746 date=1131937861]

The next content partner BIDBAY signs should be buyers   Bootyshake
[/quote]

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps--no Tuesday press release this week
Quote:Free Basic Listing Service Makes it Easy For "Mom & Pop" Auction Starters

12/01/2005 -- AuctionCities.com, Inc. (OTC: AUCC) has dropped listing fees and "raised the bar" on user-service. New on the Over-The-Counter stock market this year, the auction-sales and trading website has launched a proactive promotion campaign to build registration and motivate fans to watch the website (www.auctioncities.com) very closely.

Since the site was launched, registration has been free of charge. Images up to five megabytes are free. A free Shipping Calculator helps to plan a sale or auction. Now, a basic listing is FREE. Reasonable enhancement fees are charged for other "goodies," such as bold type, eye-catching yellow background highlighting for an item, large image hosting for photos, sound hosting for an extra measure of salesmanship, and cute, colorful animated icons. There are modestly priced service enhancements such as front-page listing of items on Auctioncities.com as well as on your own Shop-Your-Zip-code page and "MARS," the Media Arbitration Resolution Service, to name a few. All Final Value fees are more than 30% less expensive than those of competitors like eBay.

Michael Berman, AuctionCities.com CEO, declared, "This is an all-out price-war. Why not mention the name of our competition? It's eBay and the other big guys who are so big that they seem to think that can seemingly gouge their habitual customers and neglect the numerous complaints that are easily found on the 'web' (www.alexa.com) about their customers dissatisfaction with the unpredictable and expensive price structure, arbitrary enforcement of rules and genuine lack of customer service and support."

Berman continued, "Based on the axiom, 'Find a need and fill it,' we entered the marketplace to compete with eBay and the big guys in the area of customer service, where we excel. We are patient with our users who are still on 'dial-up.' We answer our phone. We respond to all emails and chat room communications. We maintain credit accounts for those users who do not have credit cards. All transactions are facilitated, and we are partnered with MARS (Media Arbitration Resolution Services, Inc.) so we can offer our members the confidence of their unique 'Shop With Confidence' Seal (Trustmark). Our current internet technology is state-of-the-art, and our 'tech-partner' plans for the near future will blast AuctionCities.com into outer space."

Concluding, Berman said, "We don't think that we are losing money on the 'front end' of a transaction by waiving Listing Fees. Rather, if we make it easy for 'Dad' to put his old golf clubs up for sale or auction, he will want to have the enhancements to maximize the potential of a more profitable sale...a win-win situation for both of us."

full press release: http://www.marketwire.com/mw/release_htm..._id=102763

related post: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...ml#msg5133
Pages: 1 2 3 4