TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: EBay China launches free Skype voice communication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:EBAY China, one of China's biggest consumer-to-consumer online markets, today incorporated the download of Skype to its Website to make online transactions easier and faster...

The video function of the software, in particular, is considered to be an effective communicating way for buyers and sellers. It will help cut their communication time and trading costs, and increase mutual trust as well.

The use of Skype will also facilitate exhibitions of online goods and allow customers to directly bargain with the sellers.

full article:  http://www.shanghaidaily.com/art/2006/01...cation.htm
And you can BET that Chinas government will be listing to every word too.

I always knew ebay was on the side of communism and
is indeed involved in dictatorial type governing.

Just look at their own polices to see IT....  Wave
Quote:In addition to Microsoft and Yahoo, Amazon, EBay and a host of other Western high-tech companies are piling into China, lured by the nation's 1.3 billion consumers and rapid economic growth. Along the way, many have agreed to or are considering similar censorship arrangements with the government.

"All Internet companies that deal with China voluntarily sign agreements that their Web manager will censor any content on their website," said Anne-Marie Brady, a China media expert at New Zealand's University of Canterbury. "China is so hot, companies just can't keep away. In China, money talks."

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=12410
OMG is there anything ebay offers in China that has to actually be paid for?  BangHead

Angel  Angel7
Well we all know nothing is FREE.
So I guess we will be subsidizing them even further soon.

Can't wait to see the fee increases we get in the US site for that purpose.

Of course Meg and team will tell it is for something WE need here on the US site.

She probably can't use the "vibrancy" thing again though.

I just can't wait to see what BUZZ phrase they use this year. :Smile