TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Homolka letters pulled from eBay auction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:On-line auction house eBay Canada has pulled the plug on the sale of a series of prison letters written by schoolgirls killer Karla Homolka.

The decision came late Wednesday morning.

“That [the proposed auction] does violate our offensive materials policy and it has been ended,” eBay Canada spokeswoman Alexandra Brown said.

EBay's offensive-materials policy states that it can use its discretion, “out of respect for the families of murder victims,” to remove listings for items “closely associated with individuals notorious for committing murderous acts within the last 100 years."

Rest of article here...
This is one time I think eBay made the right decision.  The seller now is claiming she was planning to donate the proceeds to one of the surviving victims.

http://www.brandonsun.com/story.php?story_id=15376
[quote author=amy link=topic=2153.msg7557#msg7557 date=1137093066]
This is one time I think eBay made the right decision.  [/quote]

I completely agree and so does the victims' families lawyer:

Quote:Lawyer Tim Danson, who speaks for the victims' families, said he found the EBay sale distasteful and exploitative.

Quote:The seller now is claiming she was planning to donate the proceeds to one of the surviving victims.

I really have to wonder just how true that really is or was is she just backpeddling because of the reaction this has caused. 
Quote:is she just backpeddling

Backpeddling. Her claim didn't come until after the auction was removed.