TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores (USA): Changes to Store Inventory Durations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
60-day, 90-day, and 120-day listing durations all being removed. 

30-day and GTC are only choices...will eBay use this as an opportunity to charge for GTC?

Quote:***Changes to Store Inventory Durations*** 

January 12, 2006 | 02:22PM PST/PT

Hi, I’m Ryan Dieckmann with eBay Stores. I’m here to tell you about a change we’re going to make in the next few weeks to the durations available for Store Inventory listings. Right now you can choose to have your Store Inventory listings run for a several different lengths of time (ranging from 30 to 120 days), or until you choose to cancel them. However, because very few Store sellers decide to have their listings run for 60, 90, or 120 days, we’re going to remove these durations.

Any Store Inventory listings that you’re already running with one of these durations will not be affected. You will just not be able to list new items, or re-list closed items, at one of these durations once the change is made. Of course, you will still be able to opt to run your listings for 30 days, or keep them as Good ‘Til Cancelled.

Sincerely,

Ryan Dieckmann
Manager, eBay Stores

As a footnote, it appears eBay Stores (US) has a new manager...when did that happen?
This math courtesy of Pierre on the eBay boards:

Quote:three 120 day listings = $0.24 + $0.03 gallery = $0.27 year (store gallery is currently only $0.01 per listing, regardless of duration)

twelve GTC = $0.03 x 12 = $0.36 year (gallery is $0.01 per 30 days)

If you have 2,000 listings, listing (insertion) fees add up to:

120 day duration = $0.27 x 2,000 = $540.00

GTC = $0.36 x 2,000 = $720.00

for a 33% increase. A totally unannounced (invisible) 33% increase.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000190279&tstart=0
Oh but wait....don't forget....they are giving the new logos.  I guess the announcement the other day of the new logo's was to butter people up before making this announcement?

I'm not surprised because with eBay everything changes (usually for the worse) or becomes charged or it's fees are increased sooner or later, they can't leave well enough alone.

Yes, Pierre's pretty ticked about it - he's been posting on the Canadian boards.  He's Canadian but he has his eBay store on the US site for better exposure and he lists a lot so this is going to hit him big time and everyone else who lists a lot.
Quote:As a footnote, it appears eBay Stores (US) has a new manager...when did that happen?

Hmm, the new stores manager got negged for being a NPB last April.  He also has an eBay Store (and doesn't ship outside the US) Smile

Quote:it's fees are increased sooner or later

My guess would be tomorrow for the rest of the fee hike announcements.
Friday the 13th.
4:59 pm eBay time.
Yeah, I'm betting that eBay starts charging for the GTC listings.  I use 30 days listings myself because I like to review each listing when it renews, and sometimes I change prices, clean up the template, etc.  eBay changes enough stuff that I'd hate to have 120 day listings and then have to end them because of some arbitrary change that eBay makes, and gives 5 days notice to change, or whatever.

So, Chris seems to be long gone, and none of the reg Pinks are posting anymore.  What happened?  Maybe Chris got too snotty for his own good (everyone else loves the new logo - it's simple math), and got kicked up into eBay's upper upper management?

Patrice
Quote:So, Chris seems to be long gone

It looks like it. His old user ID chris_stores@ebay.com returns an invalid user ID message. I think he moved to ProStores. Gilbert is never coming back.  His gilbert@ebay.com ID is NARU'd.
hmmmmmmmmm

That's all I can say.
eBay's Senior Director of Stores and Platforms speaks:

Quote:I apologize for the disruption the change will cause but our hope is that it lets us simplify selling with Store inventory format for most sellers.

Other news from eBay's Senior Director of Stores and Platforms:

Nalani/Carole is preggo.  Ebay's Nalani/Carole coined the term "disgruntled member" and  is the proud owner of several "Pink" first names.  Any guesses how many first names her baby will have?  :twistedevil: 

Sorry, that was mean. I'll go sit in the corner. Tongue
Want to see Carole?

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=cet%40ebay.com
Pages: 1 2 3