TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Study: Waking up like being drunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: If it takes a while to clear the cobwebs after waking up, that's understandable -- "sleep inertia" leaves some people so groggy they might as well be drunk, researchers said on Tuesday.

"For a short period, at least, the effects of sleep inertia may be as bad as or worse than being legally drunk," said researcher Kenneth Wright of the University of Colorado at Boulder.

That befuddled feeling usually lasts for at least a few minutes but may be detectable for up to two hours...

full article: http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/01/11/sle...rtia.reut/
Hey I woke up like that this morning at 7am.  I got out of bed, went to the kitchen to the put the coffee, looked at the clock and decided to crawl back into bed instead since I'm not working today.  I ended up waking up at 10 am all wide awake and better. 

I had a full night's sleep so it wasn't not not enough hours of sleep but I did have a lot of dreams about trying to escape from a bear and a skunk so maybe all that running in my dream made me exhausted?  Laughing7
Reading this article made me want to go back to bed.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2158.msg7674#msg7674 date=1137259619]
Reading this article made me want to go back to bed.  Smile
[/quote]

That's how I'm feeling today too.