TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PayPal users complain of tax records delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Just two weeks before they are supposed to file business taxes for 2005, some eBay sellers based in California say they are being prevented from downloading transaction records needed to complete their filings.

According to numerous postings on message boards...some eBay sellers who tried to download their transaction history for the year received an error message or a notice that told them to try again later.

"I have not been able to download any Paypal history for Jan '05 all the way up to Sept '05," said one post...

Sara Bettencourt, a PayPal spokeswoman, acknowledged that the company had received calls about the issue but that it was an isolated problem that affected only a small number of customers...

"It's not a systemwide issue," Bettencourt said. When asked why there appeared to be dozens of people complaining about the problem, she noted that PayPal has 87 million customer accounts and that this would equal only a tiny fraction of the company's customer base...

full article: http://news.com.com/Some+PayPal+users+co...g=nefd.top

ebay message board thread: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?m...1003199947&forumID=97&x#1003199947

eBay announcement:

Quote:**PayPal Account Activity Update*** 

January 12, 2006 | 04:59PM PST/PT

PayPal's Recent Account Activity information, within the My Account > Overview section of members' PayPal accounts, is still unavailable. All transaction information can be found by clicking on the History tab and reviewing your complete history. This issue should be resolved Friday morning, and we appreciate your patience.
Quote:When asked why there appeared to be dozens of people complaining about the problem, she noted that PayPal has 87 million customer accounts and that this would equal only a tiny fraction of the company's customer base...

:Smile
Since it's only a "tiny fraction" of users that this affecting then it's like an eBay answer to one of eBay's recent - it's not a problem because it's not affecting everyone.

I'm sure it's affecting more than a "tiny fraction" - many probably just haven't complained because many they are waiting and hoping it will be fixed or know that complaining won't do anything or I'm sure many others keep their own records.

I have been trying to download the transaction history since April 2005.  I called paypal back in April and they told me that they would fix it.  I am still not able to download my history (in both of our paypal accounts).  It just says it's unavailable.
I'm presently going through each month one by one because of this glitch
What a pain in the ass.

All I ever need from them is the TOTAL amount of fees I paid them for the year
and what they paid me for MMF and Cash Back Bonus for use of debit card as cc.
Why is that so hard?
You know they have that on each account.

Why not give us an option for a YEARLY statement?
Then all we have to do is look at these columns totals and we have our
figures in two seconds.
Funny my merchant account relfects that info and not all the other BS I don't need.
That's frustrating, I got curious and just tried and successfully downloaded my history from January - December 2005 with no problems.

I would think or hope that maybe now that it's getting closer to tax time they will finally fix it, especially if more and more people start complaining. Time will tell.
Quote:would equal only a tiny fraction of the company's customer base...

But of course, there's always going to be that small group of customers that are never satisfied and constantly complain.  But they're in the minority you know, and don't reflect the community as a whole.

Hey, look!  I didn't even have to cut and paste that.  Wasn't that just about the constant line after last years eBay screw job?
I just tried it again.  I even left the default values in 1/6 - 1/13 and it didn't work.  It said the download history is unavailable, please try again later!

I can download the monthly reports (last 3 months only), but that doesn't include all the info that I need.  I want to know who purchased what for my own records.
Quote:I have been trying to download the transaction history since April 2005.  I called paypal back in April and they told me that they would fix it

That sounds like 2004.  I was never able to access my eBay invoices from February-May of that year (the time when eBay was making the most billing errors) and I never received a copy of the invoices by email (just an email that said they were too big to email).