TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: CISP compliance, web hosts, and merchant accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its a firewall
Thank you.  I googled and had sorta figured that out but it's nice to have it confirmed. Smile
CISP compliance was a snap for me. Monster has it automated.
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=2202.msg9658#msg9658 date=1140269238]
CISP compliance was a snap for me. Monster has it automated.
[/quote]

Zen doesn't.  Sad
A related article:

Quote:Confusion prevents retailers from complying with data security standard

The majority of retailers still haven’t complied with the mandatory card industry database security standard because it is too complex and confusing, says Avivah Litan, vice president and director of research at Gartner Inc...

According to Visa, 17% of the 231 largest merchants are PCI compliant. Another 75% are working toward compliance and 8% have submitted no status reports on compliance. Visa has no statistics on smaller merchants, but industry observers say most haven’t adopted the standard.

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=18021
Quote:Visa has no statistics on smaller merchants, but industry observers say most haven’t adopted the standard.

I'm a confused lazy small merchant
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=2202.msg11403#msg11403 date=1143346350]
Quote:Visa has no statistics on smaller merchants, but industry observers say most haven’t adopted the standard.

I'm a confused lazy small merchant
[/quote]

Maybe Visa and MasterCard should think about rewriting the regulations in English.  Smile  I think the confusing instructions the card industry gave merchants is the primary reason why even the largest merchants have yet to comply with the standard.
A more indepth article from the latest IR:

Quote:...The card companies also are trying to address retailers' concerns about the cost of implementing PCI. MasterCard's site has compiled a list of vendors that will provide merchants with free network vulnerability scans.

The associations also are working with e-commerce platform providers to incorporate data protection measures into their software so that retailers don't have to add costly security measures after the fact.

Whatever the expense, retailers will have to adopt tough data protection measures if they want to see e-commerce continue to grow, Leonard says.

Merchants see this as an added cost, an added burden, and that's the wrong way for them to see it, Leonard says...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/article.asp?id=18112
Pages: 1 2