TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Road Runner Sucks Even More Than [fill in blank]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Road Runner's customer service is even worse than eBay's.  eBay CS thinks everything can be solved by "clearing your cache" and Road Runner thinks "unplug your modem" will fix any problem.  I've yet to have a problem solved by doing either one.

Every time Road Runner has an outage it goes like this:

1. Call Road Runner's  Angryfire BangHead voice menu system and wait on hold 40 minutes
2. Customer service says "unplug your modem and plug it back in".  To humor the idjit, I unlug it even though its obviously a system outage and not the modem. CS says "There aren't any outages in your area" CS then says "I'll schedule an appointment for the 19th" [we've had service problems since the 14th  Angryfire]
3. A few hours after the call RoadRunner finally figures out that they do have a system outage and posts an announcement on their network status board (see below)
4. Ignore the doorbell when it rings on the 19th because I'm not wasting another 40 minutes on hold to cancel the appointment  Tongue

Quote:Red
1/16/2006 12:49:02 PM

NYCITY

Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with Internet connectivity. Subscribers in the affected area(s) may have no connection to the Internet or latency/slow connectivity. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
I used to have lots of problems with RR.  At least once a week it would go down for a few hours.

I ignored that doorbell plenty of times!
Quote:Red 
1/16/2006 12:49:02 PM

NYCITY

Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with Internet connectivity. Subscribers in the affected area(s) may have no connection to the Internet or latency/slow connectivity. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Amy, my husband tells me its constantly going down.  He pretty much gets pissed at them on a daily basis  Wink

Angel  Angel7
From what I read about others' experiences with RR or Comcast, I can't believe I actually apparently did something right for once!  I have DSL thru Qwest, and they have really great CS and it's only been down in the wee hours of the morning once -- for a few minutes.  Keep upping the speed, too, with no extra charge..........nice.  Toothy9
Quote:I have DSL thru Qwest, and they have really great CS

I used Qwest for long distance for a couple of years and they were good.  Road Runner however is the reason I haven't switched completely to a VoIP phone service.
I ignored that doorbell plenty of times!

That is toooo funny!
Amy Wrote:4. Ignore the doorbell when it rings on the 19th because I'm not wasting another 40 minutes on hold to cancel the appointment 

She wasn't around when the doorbell rang, so I was actually the one who ignored it. Yellowtonguerazz
Another friggin' 12-hour outage and day spent using dialup  BangHead Protest Angryfire Smileybankerflame
I feel for anyone having to use dial-up.  I just don't have the patience.  My aunt still uses dial-up and has me do the Windows updates for her.  I want to hurt myself by the time a simple update finishes. 
Smileybankerflame
Smileybankerflame
Smileybankerflame Road Runner
Smileybankerflame
Smileybankerflame
Pages: 1 2