TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: You Gotta Love AOL...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[quote author=Anita link=topic=238.msg1016#msg1016 date=1125001765]
I think customer service, in general, has gone out the window.
[/quote]

I found their customer service went out the window a few years ago. 
I've been involved in a few Class Action Suits.  I couldn't buy a pop with the money I received.  My reasons for joining were so the particular company would have to pay out the nose!!  The only way to get their attention is through their pocketbooks.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=238.msg7542#msg7542 date=1137081086]
I've been involved in a few Class Action Suits.  I couldn't buy a pop with the money I received.  My reasons for joining were so the particular company would have to pay out the nose!!  The only way to get their attention is through their pocketbooks.
[/quote]

My reason for joining class action suits is because I feel sorry for the lawyers.  Laughing7

Quote:who keeps documentation for that long???

No one keeps it that long for something like AOL.  That's why the settlement is only for $25 million and they're willing to pay $25-$80 per claim (compared to the usual class action suit where it is rare you'll get even 1% of your claim).  There will probably be very few people who are eligible to file claims, especially since there also must be a record that you complained to AOL about the billing.
If I'm ticked off enough at a company, I don't give a rat's butt who gets the money... as long as that company has to pay! 
Take ebay for example.  It isn't like we will have get the chance to pink slap them back... may has well hit their pocketbook!
Pages: 1 2