TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBid to Introduce Site Redesign in February
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:16th January 2006, 11:44 AM   

eBid Version 3

Just to let you know where we've been lateley..

We have been working towards launching a new look eBid for the past 3 months. Things are nearing an end now and we hope to launch during early February.

The site has undergone a complete redesign, based around a red theme. Many new functions have been added and others simplified.

Gazza

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?...post309870
Quote:The changes in v3 are large in number and look, there are many behind the scenes changes we have made to make the site faster and more stable, but here are some of the changes you will be seeing when we launch...

The changes we have made are quite large in number and design... Here are the main points..

Some of the version 3 changes :

FRONTPAGE
*Redesigned frontpage
*Frontpage now shows auction categories (as before) but also wanted categories with links to wanted listings and eBid Store categories with links to eBid Store listings including small logos.
*Recent auction, search and category history lists now in dropdown boxes
*Seller Spotlight, one lucky seller will be on the frontpage each time the page is recreated

STARTING AUCTIONS
*Item Specifics added to many categories, dvd, digital cameras, pda.
*Search for products to sell by barcode, ISBN, Title, Director etc
*Show in second category option added to "Extras"

EBID STORES
*Now able to browse all stores with descriptions, logos etc
*Store categories can now be split into subcategories
*Stores can now be upgraded to featured status
*More than one store per user

MYEBID
*added "After Auction Log" (AAL) to manage after auction sales and purchases with more precision, built into this is payment reminders, general question asking and answering, posting notification, invoice viewing, NPB management
*my Gallery Image search by title
*my Feedback pages split into 4 , My FB, Add FB, Request FB, View What You've Said
*Request feedback buttons to select all for "all N", "all S" and "all R"
*my Money view invoices and payment status
*My Defaults upgraded to allow more than one "set" of defaults
*added "My Notices" to allow for notices to be posted to all your auctions with holiday notices etc
*My Marketing, purchse email space, category sponsorship and upgrade your eBid store
*My Closed Auctions and My Current Auctions split into "My Selling" and "My Buying" sections
*Upgraded closed auction listings for clarity and defining detail
*Buddy Points, view previous buddy auction results
*Closed auction review pages redesign including AAL

SEARCH RESULTS & CATEGORY BROWSING PAGES
*Default search results will show keyword1 AND keyword2 instead of keyword1 OR keyword2
*Complete page redesign
*Result row redesign
*New filtering system to allow for price filtering and country location filtering

INDIVIDUAL AUCTION PAGES
*Complete redesign

CLOSED AUCTION PAGES
*Complete redesign and navigation
*Repost form now located on separate page to simplify the page

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?...post317361
Who told them to go with red???  :blinkie: The new site design was launched last night.  :blinkie: Red, very Red.  :blinkie:

http://www.ebid.net/