TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: How to Squelch Your Inner Jackass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Mobile phones have helped to make a crass and vulgar society even more crass and more vulgar. Portability makes it possible for anyone to take a private conversation public and that's never a good idea. In its way, some moron babbling into a mobile phone is as obtrusive and obnoxious as the idiot who plays his boombox at full throttle in the park.

Rude cell-phone users are nothing new. Actually, they're getting very tiresome. But good manners count, so here are eight simple steps to help you avoid offending refined sensibilities.

http://www.wirednews.com/news/columns/0,..._tophead_3
Oddly enough I just happen to have run into a cell phone yacker in a coffee shop.  A couple of weeks back I was having a really ugly day at work and decided that for my 1 hour lunch I went over to the local coffee shop and bought myself a nice coffee, sat in one of their comfy leather chairs and started reading my lovey dovey romantic mushy book.  Life was good again, I was calming down, relaxing and then SHE came along.  This young girl comes into the coffee shop already talking on her cell phone and didn't order a coffee but plunked her butt but on one of the chairs near me and kept talking - for 40 minutes.  It was so annoying.  Finally, it's over, yay!!!! oh wait, she starts dialing the phone and starts up another conversation - that's when I left and went back to work as I couldn't take any more of it as I was not in the mood for that, I needed peace and quiet.

I went back to work and told my co-worker about it and said that I didn't know which was more irritating - having to listen to someone constantly talking on their cell phone for 40 minutes straight or only hearing the one side of the conversation.  ???

Quite often in that same coffee shop the owner is there and that's all he does - talks constantly on his cell phone but I don't mind him because he's very quiet about it that he's almost whispering when he talks so you really have to strain to hear him if you want to him here so that I don't mind because he's being a little considerate to others.