TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock.com Auctions Is The Official Auction Site of Jennifer Lopez
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another one of Overstock's "Big Event" auctions.

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...AGE=STATIC&PAGENUM=895&caller=m

Bid on several samples from Jennifer Lopez's Fall '05 Sweetface Collection, and also bid on tickets to:

Quote:Have you ever wanted to get up close and personal with Jennifer Lopez? Now you can by bidding on these two VIP tickets to the opening of Lopez’s first U.S. Marshall Fields boutique! The event will include a reception and a fashion show featuring JLo by Jennifer Lopez and Sweetface.

But that’s not all… The winning bidder of this auction will receive two VIP tickets to the opening of Lopez’s first U.S. Marshall Fields boutique, *two roundtrip airline tickets to Chicago O’Hare airport (from anywhere within the lower 48 states), and 1 night stay in a Chicago four-star hotel.

http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...GE=PRODDET&PRODUCTID=9294083

.  Proceeds go to the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.

Sleepy1 Puke Sleepy1

Common051
Quote:two roundtrip airline tickets to Chicago O’Hare airport

Thanks, but no thanks! The Midwest gives me a rash!  Sign18
:blinkie: Would you people trrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy to be nice???  :angry017:

I was going to bid, but according to her Overstock home page she only accepts personal checks.  The Overstock guide to safe auction buying says I should be cautious if the seller does not offer PayPal as a form of payment.  :twistedevil:
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=241.msg1067#msg1067 date=1125267365]
  The Overstock guide to safe auction buying says I should be cautious if the seller does not offer PayPal as a form of payment.  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

I thought you had to be kidding, until I read it for myself. 

I sold a bit when O first opened and thought it showed promise.  I stopped selling there because I had too much going on at one time and the "kinks" were too time consuming.  I thought I would go back once O ironed out a few things.  Sounds like O turned into eBay Jr. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=241.msg1075#msg1075 date=1125270069]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=241.msg1067#msg1067 date=1125267365]
  The Overstock guide to safe auction buying says I should be cautious if the seller does not offer PayPal as a form of payment.  :twistedevil:
[/quote]

I thought you had to be kidding, until I read it for myself. 

....Sounds like O turned into eBay Jr. 
[/quote]

Nope, not kidding.  O's labelling of sellers who don't accept PayPal as potential scammers received a lot of criticism early in the year--especially from sellers who don't offer PayPal because they have their own merchant account.  O needs to redo their 'how to spot a scammer' guide.  My favorite parts:

Seller doesn't offer PayPal as a payment option. (Many fraudulent sellers have been banned from PayPal.)
Seller has no photo or information on their personal homepage.
Seller is not located in the U.S