TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Is Your Computer Killing You? Ten ways computing can hurt you...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Ten ways computing can hurt you — and how you can protect yourself.

You would think being forced to cancel a ski trip because of a work emergency would be punishment enough. But it's not. Toiling (or even playing) away on your computer is cramping more than your style — it's hurting your body and your mind. It's not doing your planet much good, either.

full article: http://internetweek.cmp.com/177101660

The article  lists 10 ways your computer can hurt and offers tips to avoid these common problems: 1. Repetitive Stress Injuries, 2. Extra Weight, 3. Laptop-Induced Shoulder And Back Injuries, 4. Eyestrain, 5. Poor Circulation, 6. Back And Neck Damage From Bad Posture, 7. Headaches And Migraines, 8. Insomnia, 9. Internet Addiction And Other Risky Behaviors, 10. Environmental Impact
The only ache or pain I get is sore stiff legs from an extra 15 pounds being put on them when I sti at the computer and not being able to move them - that's my cat who when I am at my computer demands that I put my legs up on a stool so that he can jump on them and sleep - and guess who's on them right now, my 15 pound furball.

Other than that my chair, desk and computer is all ergonomically correct as my DH was the First Aid attendant at his work which included him getting trained to be also the ergonomically correct man so I got a free lesson on how my office should be set up whether I wanted that lesson or not.  Laughing7