TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Man Arrested for Selling Stolen Goods On eBay Is Still An Active eBay User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A 41-year-old assistant manager at a Sheboygan Walgreens Drug Store was charged Friday for allegedly stealing more than $12,000 in goods and attempting to sell them on the online auction service eBay, according to the criminal complaint.

Hamilton D. Harvey III, a third-shift manager at Walgreens, 1029 N. 14th St., sold hundreds of items under the eBay username "needlots$$$," the complaint said.

Harvey was charged in Sheboygan County Circuit Court with felony theft, and faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000

full article: http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs...62/SHEnews

Despite being arrested for selling stolen merchandise on eBay, eBay has decided in its infinite wisdom to let the seller remain an active user needlots$$$ Smile
Why does that not surprise me?  Icon_scratch
[quote author=xppman link=topic=2300.msg8156#msg8156 date=1137937018]
Why does that not surprise me?  Icon_scratch
[/quote]

Because there was one a few months ago who was arrested for selling $70,000 in stolen goods on eBay and they didn't NARU her until 50 newspapers mentioned that she was still an active user?

They only NARU sellers for the big crimes like not paying a $5 eBay invoice or being discourteous and disrespectful. Smile
Some of the pix had Walgreen's price stickers Happy001
I guess you can offer 2 for 1 deals when you get your inventory for FREE!

Quote:police found detailed records of Harvey's alleged thefts: more than 200 notices from PayPal, an online billing service, confirming auction payments transferred to Harvey's bank account had been printed out and filed

I'd like to see both eBay and PayPal give a breakdown on their quarterly reports of the gross merchandise value of : stolen items and counterfeit items that are sold on eBay or paid for with PayPal. Smile
That will NEVER happen.
Hell they don't even comply with sopeonas for
ISP information from the FEDS.
Remember Iron Chicks situation?  :Smile