TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: EBay determined to fend off challenge from rival Google
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:EBay Inc Chief executive officer Meg Whitman said the company's expertise in running online auctions will fend off competition from Google Inc.

"We take every competitor very seriously, but we really do have a tremendous position in the marketplace," Whitman said in an interview. "We are the experts at running marketplaces. We've been at this now for 10 years."

EBay, the world's largest online auctioneer, is increasingly competing with Google, which in November debuted a Web site that lets users post information including classified ads and job listings. The threat from rivals including Google, the Internet search engine that is also developing a Web payment service, may force eBay to spend more on marketing and acquisitions to spur growth...

"The reality is that sellers sell in many different channels. Buyers buy in different channels," Whitman said. "Our job is to make sure we get the most of our buyers' share of wallet and that the sellers prefer eBay

full article: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worldbiz...2003290704
This would explain the real reason behind the competitors links
on the top of our ebay ads comming from search engines like Goggle.

ebay is pissed at Goggle and now will use Goggles customers who pay
CPCs to drive traffic to their ebay listings to divert those Goggle searches to others.

In turn and I've already seen a few ebayers suggest that they don't need to buy cpc anymore.

ebay is so slick.

See if Goggle customers quit paying for cpcs because they are mad at ebay
over this or think that they don't need the cpc anymore then Goggle looses $$$.

GOGGLE BETTER GET YOU ACT TOGETHER.
Get your online payment service UP now.
Start and online auction site or Mall NOW.

ebay plays hardball and they WILL do whatever
they can, illegal or otherwise unethical because Whitman can't afford to loose any more of  "her buyers".

On another note. am I missing something or has ebay's CPC ads that used to be all over Goggle no longer their or in very short supply.
I mean the ones placed and paid for by ebay themselves.
seems like there used to be tons of them on the Paid right side on a Goggle search.