TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay Stores Best in Stores Contest Starts March 1st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:eBay Store Owners,

Do you know what time of the year it is? Its Howdy Doody Time!

Due to the overwhelming success of previous year’s programs, we are running the Best in Stores Contest again. Don't wait till the last minute to prepare your Store for judging! Make your Store looks its best before entering.

For guidance on Customizing your Store please go to this page.

For tips on how to Promote your Store, please go here.

The contest starts March 1, 2006. Check the Stores Discussion Board for more details. Good luck!

Regards,Artemisa

eBay Stores Marketing
It will be interesting to see if eBay learned anything from last year.  Too bad I'm not a bettin' man!  Smile
One month later--the official announcement

Quote:**Enter the 2006 Best In Stores Contest to Win $1,500 or a Trip to eBay Live!*** 

March 01, 2006 | 04:50PM PST/PT

Hi everyone. My name is Artemisa Saucedo, and I'm part of the eBay Stores Marketing team. I'm pleased to announce that, due to popular demand, this month we’re hosting the 3rd annual Best In Stores Contest!

Do you think you have the Best Looking eBay Store, the Best Shopping Experience, or the Best Store Marketing? Or do you have a great eBay Stores success story to share?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, I encourage you to register for your chance to be recognized as a Best In Stores winner! You could win $1,500, or a trip to eBay Live! in Las Vegas, as well as bonus Store exposure on the site.

How To Enter the 2006 Best In Stores Contest
First, make sure your eBay Store looks its best. For help on customizing your Store
Next, register your eBay Store for the contest before March 31st, 2006 by clicking here.

Community Voting Begins in April – Grand Prize Winners Announced in May
eBay will select four finalists in each of four categories:

1. Best Looking eBay Store
  2. Best Shopping Experience
  3. Best eBay Store Marketing
  4. Best Overall Success Story

Then in April, we'll open up voting to the eBay Community. Members will vote for one Grand Prize winner in each of the first three categories. The winner for the fourth category -- Best Overall Success Story -- will be selected by an internal panel of eBay judges. Finally, in May, we’ll announce the Grand Prize winners. (For complete details see the Official Rules)
2nd straignt year where you'll be voting for at least one store (Woo Pretty's full page background is a no-no) that violates eBay's policies.  Oh, and as usual you can enter any eBay userID--doesn't even have to be your own ID--and vote as many times as you want to stuff the ballot box. 2funny

These are the stores you'll be voting for:
Best Looking Store:  Best Shopping Experience        Best Store Marketing
Grapevinehill    A Touch of Whimsy Designs    Beauty Rocks!
  z-Diva           Professional Cycling Discount            Period Paper
  Beauty Rocks!         Beauty Rocks!                     La Retro Boutique
  Sophie La Bella   Woo Pretty                       Malibu Philatelic Covers

Quote:***Vote for your Favorite eBay Store in the 2006 Best in Stores Contest*** 

April 12, 2006 | 03:23PM PST/PT

In early March, we kicked off the 2006 Best in Stores contest. Now it's your turn to pick the final winners by voting for the best eBay Stores in the following categories:

* Best Looking Store: Which Store best represents their business and brand? Does the eBay Store use appealing colors, consistent themes and their own custom logo?
    * Best Shopping Experience: Which Store do you feel offers a truly unique shopping experience? Is the eBay Store using effective eBay merchandising to help buyers find products?
    * Best Store Marketing: Which Store maximizes exposure by using eBay Stores promotional features and tools? Does the seller integrate eBay Store marketing into their listings?

To review the list of finalists and vote for the Best in Stores winners, visit www.eBay.com/BestInStores2006. Voting is open through April 30th. Winners will be announced on the eBay Stores discussion board in May.

Congratulations to the finalists and to all the Stores who entered the 2006 Best in Stores Contest!
eBay didn't learn a thing from last year. 

Don't forget to vote.  While you are at it, vote for your friend or foe too!!!
Quote:While you are at it, vote for your friend or foe too!!!

The voting system is my favorite part of the whole contest.  How can eBay be so inept that they use a voting system without any fraud controls?  Happy001
Well, since they don't give a shit about fraud when it comes to sales on the venue, it hardly seems surprising that they don't give a shit about fraud in the voting for best store.
I'm going to vote 50,000 times for the one with the violation.  Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2357.msg12311#msg12311 date=1144903461]
I'm going to vote 50,000 times for the one with the violation.  Smile
[/quote]I'm going to vote with my list of 50,001 NARU'd members. It will be like Night of the Living Dead.
I think I will use the dead person's ID to vote.  Oh, and the one that has been a member since 1980.
Pages: 1 2 3