TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Listings with BidPay, Cash, etc. in them are being pulled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I wonder how long (or how many lunches) eBay will give Pompous Jay the PeSA Cowboy to revise their listings? 
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000076479&tstart=0&mod=1138758058456
At least 6 months.  He could change it instantly since all of his payment terms, shipping terms are on graphics (which I believe is a no-no for the rest of us).
Quote:1145115 items found for bidpay

Did eBay's new, no refund of pulled auctions fees, policy begin?
Quote:1963119 items found for cash

Quote:537650 items found for "western union"

Quote:1145115 items found for bidpay

Did you deduct JayandMarie's listings from that total?   Big Grin
Quote:Did eBay's new, no refund of pulled auctions fees, policy begin?

If it did that might explain their new found interest in saving the world from BidPay logos Smile
Auctionbytes article:

Quote:First Data Corp. ended its BidPay service on December 31, giving users just one week's notice on December 23. Sometime after December 23, eBay dropped BidPay as an acceptable method in its policy without any announcement to users.

eBay spokesperson Catherine England said it was the responsibility of BidPay to inform their customers that the service was closing, and said eBay would make no posting specific to BidPay on the board to warn sellers, despite the fact that eBay changed its Safe Payments Policy to remove the reference to BidPay.

England said that if a member reports a listing containing a reference to BidPay, eBay would remove the listing since BidPay is not an acceptable method of payment. And while eBay is not proactively pulling listings with BidPay references, it will begin doing so in the future, she said.

It appears other words may be cause for auctions to be pulled, such as including the word "cash" in a listing.

full article: http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m02/i02/s01
You know . . . that is really such  bull Smileyitit.

With all of the things that are broken on eBay, they're going to bother pulling listings that include a payment method that folks can't even use anyway now?

Sell a fake Tiffany ring and you're good to go.  eBay is just a venue.
Include a payment method that is no longer valid and eBay pulls your listing?
Nono

Quote:eBay dropped BidPay as an acceptable method in its policy without any announcement to users.

eBay would make no posting specific to BidPay on the board to warn sellers, despite the fact that eBay changed its Safe Payments Policy to remove the reference to BidPay.

They pull your listing for a policy change they snuck in.
Ebay announced the International/3rd party payment no-no in November, I think.  I had to remove all those references and logos from my listings.  Then BidPay/Western Union announced its closure in December.  Had to remove all those references and logos.  I have the words *cash, e-check or credit card* in my payment terms with regards to PayPal.  They'd better not pull any listings because of it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4