TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Microsoft Releases Internet Explorer 7 Beta to Public
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Microsoft took the wraps off Internet Explorer 7 Tuesday, releasing the new "preview" version of its Web browser to the general public for testing.

The program, still a work in progress, is available for download from the Internet Explorer section of Microsoft's corporate Web site, the company said. The company, which began limited testing in July, had promised to deliver a public beta by the end of March...

... The new browser also includes tabbed browsing

full article: http://news.com.com/Microsoft+releases+I...g=nefd.top

download IE7 beta here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

Besides tabbed browsing, the new browser also includes many security improvements over IE6

EDITED: Installed.  Big improvement over IE6.
Quote:Installed.  Big improvement over IE6.

Stability however is not one of those improvements.  A couple of crashes in the past few hours.  Definitely beta software.  Icon_biggrin
Looked nice at first...... but a few problems

I can't get past the first page "Customize IE" even when I tell them that I don't want to see this page again!

I can't get the default toolbar to stick (View, Tools etc).  Everytime I open IE the toolbar is gone!

My favorites don't work very well.  I click on on one and nothing happens!  I have to drag it to the address bar to get it to work!

Edited: I guess you do have to drag your favorites anywhere on the page, click or double click doesn't work!

Other than that it looks nice (but I think I might try to go back to ie6 for now, if I can...I hope I can)   >Big Grin

Edited again: I restarted but that didn't seem to solve the problems.  I still can't get passed the Customize IE page, and the Favorites button in the toolbar (File, View, Edit etc) doesn't work!

I'm not having any problems...except when it crashes.  Smileyviolin
I didn't realize they were out of beta with the earlier versions yet.  Tongue2
hmmm maybe it's jut me then, my laptop doesn't like the new version!
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2449.msg8893#msg8893 date=1139164065]
I didn't realize they were out of beta with the earlier versions yet.   Tongue2
[/quote]

Laughing7
Um...think I'll pass for now.  I'll let you guys suffer....... :blinkie:
[quote author=stardust link=topic=2449.msg8901#msg8901 date=1139186256]
Um...think I'll pass for now.  I'll let you guys suffer....... :blinkie:
[/quote]

Chicken.  :whitebird: <--pretend its a chicken...the IE7 beta ate all the real chicken smilies
Here you go, BBH.  :-)

Chicken. 
Pages: 1 2