TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: whaBAM! Free 5-Year FeeBuster Membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Some may think the last thing the world needs is another Web entity that includes an exclamation point in its name, but whaBAM! founder Eren Niazi wanted a moniker for his new online auction site that would grab attention. WhaBAM!, built on Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP, is Niazi's second venture featuring open source software...

Armed with that enthusiasm, he founded Open Source Storage in 2002, at the ripe old age of 23. Open Source Storage employs a staff of 35 and its customers include the United States Army, America Online, Sony, Hitachi, and Lockheed Martin.

Niazi starting building whaBAM! about two years ago. "I noticed people were being overcharged by auction companies. And I said, why don't we go ahead and build an auction site based on Linux?" By using Linux and other open source software to build and run the site, he knew he could keep costs down and thereby keep fees low for sellers.

full article: http://notebook.itmanagersjournal.com/no...ml?tid=107&tid=116

EDIT: Thread title edited by Regic 4/4/06
*whispers: they forgot to add a bulk lister when they designed the site*
Yeah, I noticed that, too.

I signed up when he was offering a free year at OTWA.  (Hey, it was free.) 
But, the lack of a bulk lister has kept me from actually listing anything.  (My time is NOT free. Wink)

Whabam is offering a free 5-year fee buster membership (regularly $49.95 monthly) to Auctionbytes readers who click on their banner on the Auctionbytes site.  If you can't find the banner on Auctionbytes try the link below.

Free 5-year fee buster membership trial
So . . . uh . . . anybody actually selling anything over there?
Nice link.  The link will redirect you to the registration page and automatically inserts the promo code in the registration form.  Smile

I signed up but both confirmation emails they sent were bounced by my spam filters...which I know because I received another copy of the confirm email a few minutes later with this note attached: (This bounced I am resending manually.) .  I was impressed that someone there noticed the emails bouncing.

I registered because I liked the sound of unlimited free listings for 5 years, but I probably won't be listing anytime soon because I've cut waaaaaaaaay back on listing at auction sites...especially ones without bulkloaders.

Damn... Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.   Laughing7

[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=2456.msg11861#msg11861 date=1144173999]
So . . . uh . . . anybody actually selling anything over there?
[/quote]

My guess would be probably not much.  Hmmm....

Using the under $200 filter, there are a grand total of 4 items with bids out of 17,883 items  :blinkie: yikes!
Quote:there are a grand total of 4 items with bids out of 17,883 items

Anyone want to figure out the sell through rate?  Dazed012

[quote author=amy link=topic=2456.msg11874#msg11874 date=1144192708]
Quote:there are a grand total of 4 items with bids out of 17,883 items

Anyone want to figure out the sell through rate?  Dazed012

[/quote]

It's still close to 0% Yellowtonguerazz

Reason for bumping old thread: Whabam changed their name to StuffPals :Smile :Smile :Smile :Smile a couple of months ago.
Quote:Open Source Systems Inc., formerly known as Open Source Storage Inc. (OSS), filed for bankruptcy on July 3, 2007. The company owned and operated the WhaBam online auction site that launched in late 2005. WhaBam had changed its name to StuffPals in 2006, and certain pages of the website now redirect to "StuffPad.com."

The identity of the domain registrants for WhaBam.com and StuffPad.com are now hidden through a proxy service called Domain Discreet...

full article: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m08/i28/s01