TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Ebay Tips For Buyers & Sellers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Article lists eBay tips for buyers and sellers.  Smile

http://www.onimoto.com/index.php?post=54

One of the tips given to buyers:

Quote:Find Low Feedback Seller
You can save a lot from buying from sellers with little or no feedback. But again the key is knowing your seller so you don’t get burned. Here is what I do before I place a bid, first I email the seller, asking him/her about the condition of the item. If he/she replies back then I check the email headers to get the remote ip address, I then go to a WHOIS database and verify the location of the seller. If everything is ok so far, I contact the seller through telephone to verify the item, its condition…etc. Remember that Ebay only covers up to $175, so it’s best to ask for insurance and always ask for shipping with tracking. Also I found its best to stick with Paypal as payment option.
Quote:Find Low Feedback Seller

You can save a lot from buying from sellers with little or no feedback. But again the key is knowing your seller so you don’t get burned. Here is what I do before I place a bid, first I email the seller, asking him/her about the condition of the item. If he/she replies back then I check the email headers to get the remote ip address, I then go to a WHOIS database and verify the location of the seller. If everything is ok so far, I contact the seller through telephone to verify the item, its condition…etc. Remember that Ebay only covers up to $175, so it’s best to ask for insurance and always ask for shipping with tracking. Also I found its best to stick with Paypal as payment option.

I'd rather pay a few dollars more at Amazon than go through the trouble of doing all of that crap. 
If I had a potential buyer write me asking for condition, which is already stated in the auction, then hunt me down and call me asking that same question, they'd be the newest addition to my BBL.

And would that even work?  Would most low feedback sellers have an IP address on their email that would give up their phone number on a whois search?
Here is a tip for buyers and sellers.

Get as far away from eBay as you can.

Happy001
XPP-
I was thinking the same thing!

Is that site supposed to be funny?
I like this one:
"Reply to all emails, even from Western Union paying merchants from Nigeria."    ;D Big Grin
Anita I hate to admitted but I am so obsessed with a hatred for ebay and
what they have become with the current management at the helm.

It's to the point that I would actually throw a party if top
executives crashed and burned in their corporate jet.

Isn't that terrible?  Lol
Yup, that is bad.  I just wish for the company to go under AFTER everyone migrates elsewhere.
They forgot one very important one - learn how to read.  How many times do I get questions from buyers asking questions that are right there in the description but they don't read? I would understand if I had really wordy long descriptions but I don't. 
I had one a few days ago ask the size.
It was right there in the first sentence on the page.

Anita.
I don't want them to die.. Just crash and burn and have to spend the millions they amassed off the backs of hard working sellers, to pay for their convalescent and hospital bills.

On the other hand I'd be happy
if they were indicted and prosecuted for securities fraud too.

Happy001
Quote:They forgot one very important one - learn how to read.

99.9% of buyer questions could be answered by reading the listing.  Violent1
Pages: 1 2