TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: eBay User Victimized Twice: First by a Hacker and Then by eBay's Trust & Safety
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A couple weeks ago I started noticing emails for bids on auctions that I never made. Then came the email from eBay saying they have locked my account. I would need to contact them about it. Turns out someone had hacked my account and was using it to spam members with offers to buy products off eBay.

As you can imagine, I felt pretty violated. I was both upset and fearful that now infomation on my personal identity has been compromised on a place that I used to support a hobby I engaged in for enjoyment. This suddenly was no fun at all.

I contacted eBay expecting support in finding out who was behind this activity and what had been done to investigate. With all due respects to eBay and what they deal with, I was pretty much appalled by their response...

full article: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=5525
When asked what was found in the investigation. eBay said there wasn't one.

Gosh.  What a shock.  Tongue2

iron_chick  sound familiar?  Icon_scratch
I think the writer was just looking for "pity sales."  Right, Beth?
Yep.  I was outed by postcardsthebad.  I made it all up so I could drum up pity sales for my eBay store.    I love eBay.  Long live the  Smileykoolaid factory.

Does that mean I can stop working on this freaking oscommerce payment module now??  BangHead BangHead BangHead

Quote:I was outed by postcardsthebad

He just made his feedback private.  :twistedevil:

IMO . . . it's pretty pathetic to have to hide your feedback on your posting ID.  Evil4