TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Social Networking Site TagWorld to Add Free Member Stores, Classifieds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TagWorld has 690,000 members.  Smile

Quote:Starting February 15, 2006, TagWorld will launch a "Classifieds" tab and a "My Store" section where members can post items for sale. These items will automatically appear in the "All Listings" area and will be searchable by tag or keyword. Members can search for items within a specific radius of their zip code as well. Users can upload multiple images of the item for sale, add a description, choose a price, choose a payment model (negotiable or fixed), and of course tag the item and select a payment method. TagWorld's integration with PayPal(a) makes it even easier for anyone to open a store and conduct commerce at their member site. And, TagWorld does not take a fee or a percentage of the purchase price from the store owner or purchaser.

Customizing a Personalized TagWorld Store

After creating listings in TagWorld Classifieds, members can design a store on their TagWorld website by dragging and dropping a new "Store" module into their TagWorld site. The module can be customized to show only items with or without certain tags which enables multiple store fronts on one website. When other members visit the site, they can click on an item and immediately place a bid or purchase. After a bid or purchase occurs, TagWorld tracks the progress of the transaction through to a successful close or resolution of dispute.

Managing Your TagWorld Store

Members can easily sort through the items in their store to see which have been bid on. Then, members can bid and counter bid in a negotiated non-auction fashion, giving retailers and bidders the opportunity to negotiate for the best possible price for the item. Unlike an auction, TagWorld does not assign a deadline on an item or allow other TagWorld members to see a bid.

full press release: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060207/20060207005476.html?.v=1
An article on TagWorld's ecommerce initiative:

Quote:Somewhere between no-frills Craigslist and intricate eBay lies the new e-commerce offering introduced by Santa Monica, Calif.-based TagWorld last week. TagWorld, a high-energy social networking space launched last November, is combining the new service of free online classifieds, which includes images and personalized storefronts, with auction features.

"We're the first social site to allow people to actually put items on their Web site without any hassles," TagWorld President Evan Rifkin told the E-Commerce Times. "How many people have bought something on eBay?" Rifkin asked rhetorically. "Quite a few. But how many people have sold stuff? That number is probably drastically different."...

full article: http://ecommercetimes.com/story/801ZuPa3...erce.xhtml
TagWorld now has 869,908 members according to my brand new TagWorld "web site" (opened 30 seconds ago).  Now I'll go explore the classifieds tab.  Smile
Quote:I'm really excited about the latest offering from TagWorld - our new Classifieds tab. With the new Classifieds tab, you can search through the listings created by all TagWorld members and even create your own online store. Mine is coming soon so check back shortly for it!

How it works as a buyer: click on the Classifieds tab and use the tags and search functionality to sort through the listings of all TagWorld members to find an item you want. You can either add an item to your watch list, buy an item immediately, or place an offer. If you place an offer, the seller of the item can accept your offer or place a counter-offer. Use the My Bids link to keep track of all of your bids. Hint: try using the zip code filter to find listings in your area.

How it works as a seller: To create a listing, click on the Classifieds tab and then select My Store. Choose the New Listing button to add items to your store. You can choose a payment type (fixed or negotiable), upload pictures of the item you are selling, and select different payment methods. Once you've added some items, try adding the My Store Module to your website. Click on My - Website and select Edit Page. Find the My Store Module in the left hand column and add it to your page.

Buyers can also pay by PayPal directly from the listing with the integrated PayPal buttons.

Quote:TagWorld now has 869,908 members

myspace has 58 million. I've gotten some customers from the myspace classifieds.  I joined tagworld on Monday but haven't had time this week to play around with it.
I signed up for both and will probably use both for the same thing I use eBay for...
I'm playing around with the home page design tonight . The classified listing form has a field for an optional url.  Can I link to an item on my website?

Quote:URL: 
  OPTIONAL: URL to the item you are selling
[quote author=valleygirl link=topic=2537.msg10239#msg10239 date=1141275109]
I'm playing around with the home page design tonight . The classified listing form has a field for an optional url.  Can I link to an item on my website?

Quote:URL: 
  OPTIONAL: URL to the item you are selling
[/quote]

I see other people who are doing it, but the Terms of service say:

Quote:N. Use the Service to artificially generate traffic or page links to a Web site or for any other purpose not intended for personal, noncommercial use of the Service.

Quote: 3. Non-commercial use only

The Service is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavor, except those that are specifically approved or endorsed in writing by TagWorld's management. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service for any purpose.