TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Can someone translate this and tell me what to do? :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK, so they are saying at HostGator that I have to change my path if I want to use the shared SSL.  I don't even plan on selling on this site anytime soon, so I don't really want to purchase a private SSL for it.    Do I have to change every freakin'  path in the entire store??  I'm not even sure HOW to change a path and if I don't want to change them all, how I know which ones to change?

I downloaded the CRE cart so I wouldn't have to *change* a lot of things.
I got a merchant account instead of trying to figure out how to get that stupid WPP module installed.

Am I missing something here?  Should this really be this hard? 
OK, I've been nosing around on BBHs site.  :-)

The little lock thingee doesn't come up until I get to the checkout page.  (Sorry, BBH.  I am really not going to buy the flamingo postcard - but it is cute. Wink)

So I just need to change the path for the stuff on the checkout pages?    Is that something I do from cPanel or inside osCommerce? 
You'd change the path in the configuration files. /includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php  (I think the files are named that on osC)

...or you could get an SSL ($14.95 here)
I changed those paths.  It's still not working.  I still get the same stupid error messages.  :-(

I'm going to do my mail and go into town.

Come home.

Drink an adult beverage. 

Then try again. 

Great.  I have to upgrade my hosting to get a private SSL.
Woo-hoo!  I think I got it.  Finally.  :-)

The folks at HG made it sound like it was a LOT that needed to be done.  I didn't think it should be as hard as they made it sound!

Thumbsup

I clearly need the "idiots guide to oscommerce."

The folks at HG said "since your using the shared SSL your path is:

https://secure62.hostgator.com/~ironchic" and that I would have to change my path to access the secure server.

I didn't realize that "changing my path" just meant going in and editing two files through my cPanel. 

So now I've learned two new things.  What a chmod is.  And how to change a path.  Smile
Tomorrow's adventure . . . figuring out why my logo isn't showing at the top. Smile 
Quote:So now I've learned two new things.  What a chmod is.  And how to change a path.

Today I learned how to break the RSS feeds on 3 Zencarts  Smile

Pages: 1 2 3