TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Poll: Method of processing credit card transactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When accepting online credit card payments through your merchant account's gateway, how do you process the transaction?

1. My gateway is set to Authorize the card only.  I process the card and capture funds after reviewing the order info.
I use this method.  It allows me to review international orders better.

2. My gateway is set to Authorize and Process the card at the same time the order is placed.
High volume merchants have no choice but to use this method due to time constraints.
Authorize & process
Authorize only>Manually review orders>Capture
Valleygirl is in the minority.  Tongue

Quote:Part of the automated process of accepting orders online is not so automated, according to a recent report from CyberSource Corp.: 73% of online merchants polled for its 7th Annual Online Fraud Survey are manually checking orders...

What happens after a manual review of order data further cuts into operational resources and inconveniences customers, the report found. 44% of orders reviewed manually required contacting the customer, the surveyed merchants reported. 24% require contacting the customer’s bank, and 18% require contacting third parties such as credit bureaus...

full article: http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=17700
Quote:18% require contacting third parties such as credit bureaus..

Car and property sellers might contact a credit bureau.
Quote:My gateway is set to Authorize only.  I process the card and capture funds after reviewing the info.

Me  Hello