TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Overstock Auctions New Site Features & Bug Fixes for 2-08-06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:We've had some great changes go into effect today that I'd like to highlight here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O-Gallery on your Homepage!

The O-Gallery proved to be so popular on Item Detail pages that we decided to add it to user's homepages, too. From now on, sellers who have at least two auctions will display an O-Gallery in the "My Current Auctions" section of their homepages. Otherwise, this section will display only a "Click here to see all of xssss's auctions" link. This addition makes your homepage look cleaner, attractive and professional.

Note: The Item Detail page for an item must be receive at least one page view before the item will show up in the seller's O-Gallery, since Sellathon must receive the information via the page-view. If you view your own auction, that counts as a page view, so it wouldn't hurt to spot check some of your auctions right after listing and get them "jump started" in the process.

I'd also like to point out that you need to let the page fully load or it may not count as a page view and begin to show in the O-Gallery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message Board Facelift

The new message board homepage page will be the first page you see when you click on the Message Board tab in the Auctions header. Not only is it handsome, but it organizes everything into one easily viewable reference in an attempt to draw in more visitors. There are also some new & exciting forums available. Be sure to check out my forum for an explanation.

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/viewforum.php?f=95

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Fixes

1. We will now allow sellers to file NPB reports against disabled buyers who won their auction(s).
2. You will now be able to remove disabled users from your personal network.
3. In O-Lister, you can now only enter up to 55 characters for titles and subtitles, which is how it works on the site -- this will help prevent upload errors.
4. The default view of O-Lister will now display the Item ID number for auctions that have been uploaded to the site, which will help users keep track of their auctions better.

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=11909
O-Gallery on home page: USELESS
Message board redesign: USELESS AND WHO THE BOINK CARES ABOUT A FORUM FACELIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting (as I have been verrrrry patiently for 1 1/2 years now) for:

blocked bidder list
International buyers