TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Man eats 50-year-old can of chicken for golden wedding anniversary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:A sentimental husband in Denton, Greater Manchester, has celebrated his golden wedding anniversary by eating a 50-year-old can of chicken.

Les Lailey had been saving the tin of Buxted Whole Cooked Chicken in Jelly from a buffet he and his bride Beryl received as a wedding gift – in 1956. They kept hold of the tin through numerous house moves, explaining to the BBC: “I always said 'on my 50th wedding anniversary I'm going to eat that chicken' – so I did.”

...Lailey now has plans to put the empty tin up for sale on eBay. "It's a part of history," he says

full article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/09/...d_chicken/
Quote:canny Les Lailey now has plans to put the empty tin up for sale on eBay. "It's a part of history," he says.

"Antiques" are worth more if they are like new and not tampered with.  If he didn't open it would be more valuable.  Laughing7
Quote:If he didn't open it would be more valuable.

Maybe not.  Since he's putting it on eBay he can always claim that there's a Virgin Mary rust spot on the inside of the can.  Laughing7
Quote:Buxted Whole Cooked Chicken in Jelly

in 50 year old jelly-GROSS!  Puke
Gag me with a spoon  :chicken3:
Yum.  Big Grin