TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: This is the mentality eBay wants members to have...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...so eBay can do us all a "favor" and cut off all outside correspondence.

I has received 2 emails that say message from ebay memeber. They look official and want you to click on the respond to message. Both messages have been demanding to know where their item is, but with no reference to the item. One said they needed an item number so they could give me a shipping quote. Be very careful . Not only do we have to go through ebay to see messages, but now I guess the safest way to respond is through ebay
Quote:now I guess the safest way to respond is through ebay

...and the safest way to be spammed by other members is through myMessages. 

Quote:Hi, Sorry to bother you, I have seen that you have an avid interest in Music cd's..i see you have a store and sell many in there...I have a nice Size lot of cd's on ebay you might be interested in, feel free to check it out item # 4758702615 .. let me know if interested we have many many cd's left that will be going on ebay for auction, we have smaller and bigger lots if desired, let me know and maybe we work something out for you .. again sorry for bothering you - Thanks

:Smile Angryfire

Quote:...so eBay can do us all a "favor" and cut off all outside correspondence.

yes, that day is coming  Smile

That is EXACTLY how eBay is goint to "sell" it to everyone. 
It is so much safer, less spam, blah, blah, blah.  People are going to EAT IT UP. 

Quote:They look official and want you to click on the respond to message. Both messages have been demanding to know where their item is, but with no reference to the item.
I got one of these today.  It was a spoof.  The "Click here to respond" link went to malanghack*com. :Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=274.msg1120#msg1120 date=1125433118]
Quote:now I guess the safest way to respond is through ebay

...and the safest way to be spammed by other members is through myMessages. 

Quote:Hi, Sorry to bother you, I have seen that you have an avid interest in Music cd's..i see you have a store and sell many in there...I have a nice Size lot of cd's on ebay you might be interested in, feel free to check it out item # 4758702615 .. let me know if interested we have many many cd's left that will be going on ebay for auction, we have smaller and bigger lots if desired, let me know and maybe we work something out for you .. again sorry for bothering you - Thanks

:Smile Angryfire

Quote:...so eBay can do us all a "favor" and cut off all outside correspondence.

yes, that day is coming  Smile

[/quote]

I was just thinking that perhaps this is all eBay.  I mean, why not get their favorite CD sellers to do a little "side work"?  Hmmm?  "You spam a bunch of people around eBay, get them really good and tired of all the spoof emails and then we'll come in for the kill and make them have to work with us.  Oh, and in return we'll let you keep any business you actually get from anyone who replies to your spamming and we'll leave all your KWS issues alone.  Sound good?  Okay, well have your people get with my people and we'll do lunch."  Confusedmileyjay:
PS- Anita- I love that pic of Leonard.  I was just telling my "fluffy" best friend about his shirt.  Wink
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=274.msg1124#msg1124 date=1125434947]
PS- Anita- I love that pic of Leonard.  I was just telling my "fluffy" best friend about his shirt.  Wink
[/quote]

The no sniffing shirt is no longer available.  She quit selling.  Sad
HOWEVER, Leonard also owns a shirt that reads, "Does this shirt make me look fat."  I purchased it from:  http://www.howlinmoonbakery.com/
I also got all the cat beds from her.

Your "let's do lunch comment" was toooooooo funny. 

I bid on something from JayAndMarie.  I want to see, for myself, what their service is like.  DON'T SHOOT!