TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Says Store Inventory Listings To Receive Less Exposure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
EDITED by Amy to change word 'More' in thread title to 'Less'

Quote:***From Chris Tsakalakis -- More Exposure for Store Inventory Listings*** 

February 13, 2006 | 03:03PM PST/PT

[insert photo of hairless guy here]
Hi everyone. Many of you will remember Bill Cobb’s letter a few weeks ago, in which he mentioned the upcoming increase in exposure for Store Inventory listings. Starting this week, all matching Store Inventory listings will display at the end of the main eBay search on eBay.com and on eBay Motors. Store sellers will see increased exposure for their Store Inventory items, and buyers will see more qualified listings every time they search. As Bill said, it’s a win/win.

For example, if you search on “bow tie”, you’ll see all the normal auction and Fixed Price listings as you did before. But now you’ll also see all Store Inventory listings matching “bow tie” listed at the end, regardless of how many auction or Fixed Price listings were found. Similar to today, listing upgrades such as Gallery and Bold will not be shown for Store Inventory listings, unless no auction or Fixed Price items are found – then the upgrades will be shown.

This is a large, technologically-complicated launch, and it might take some time for these extra results to appear consistently. Over the next few days, these Store Inventory listings may appear off and on, and we’ll provide updates on this board if needed.

To learn more about listings in the Store Inventory format and see a screenshot of this change, please click here. I also encourage you to check out our FAQ.

Sincerely,

Chris Tsakalakis
Senior Director, Stores

The way they have done it is so incredibly bad that it seems to be designed for some other purpose. Both buyers and sellers are appalled. Smileyyellowbang

But with eBay you never know--it could easily just be ineptitude too. Munky2

If it's calculated to be bad it's most likely some kind of set up for conversion to eBay Express.  BangHead Kim
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=2632.msg9427#msg9427 date=1139944135]

If it's calculated to be bad it's most likely some kind of set up for conversion to eBay Express.  BangHead Kim
[/quote]

GMTA - I just posted that on the Stores Board. 
Iron - I also think there is something in the theory that eBay needs to claim more listings. I haven't been running any listings on regular eBay and I doubt I am the only one that has stopped.

I am pleased that they are now counting all listings to determine who gets in the related stores box on the side.

I actually signed up for some eBay keywords when my $50 they gave me ran out after 1 1/2 years. I showed up on one search in 4 places the other day with no auctions running--a banner ad, a box to the right of the banner, in the eBay matching stores box, and in the keyword sellers box. That's a better use of funds for me than auctions.  Toothy10 Kim
Win/win depends on the category and search.  Some categories are lose/lose
My favourite quote of the day on this topic..

Quote:chopsueysisters  (1520 )  View Listings  | Report  Feb-13-06 12:44 PST  78 of 98
I must of skimmed through this but I didn't realize ebay raised the FVFs for ebay stores with their change from 5.25% to 8% AND now the damn stores link is all messed up? Excuse me but I signed up for ebay stores to be promoted to drive customers to my merchandise. I didn't realize this was the bring your own jar of vaseline package. Fix it already & credit me. I want my money back. These types of flippant antics is why as soon as you have competition from someone like Google people are gonna be so outta here
If Dorothy"so" likes it... I'm in!
[quote author=Anita link=topic=2632.msg9466#msg9466 date=1140014411]
If Dorothy"so" likes it... I'm in!
[/quote]

There are some people (Dorothy, Marty, Melrose, MagazineGuy/Auto) who would say "Thank you eBay" even if Meg peed on their heads.  Anyways...

Auctionbytes article:
Quote:eBay Sellers Complain over New Store Items Display

eBay has begun adding Store Inventory listings to its main eBay.com search results pages. However, sellers have begun complaining that the added exposure isn't what they thought it would be. Two main concerns are a significantly higher number of items that may come back on a search, potentially overwhelming shoppers; and the lack of gallery images so shoppers can see thumbnail photos of the items.

http://auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y06/m02/i15/s01

Storesteam FAQ: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000223551&tstart=0 (notice that they can't even perform a simple task like posting an announcement without breaking the thread    :Smile )

My biggest complaint with the new search is that BUYERS are complaining about it which to me means much more than eBay consulting the members of Voices before implementing this latest  Smileyitit

This search returns 4,485 items.  90 pages of results!  You have to flip through 8 pages to see store items.  I won't do that, will you?

HAIRLESS
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9