TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Pinkslapped for this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have a pet peeve against pseudo-intellectuals who can't spell simple words (above and beyond the occasional error, of course). So I posted this:

Memoryrails, you may want to learn a bit of spelling and the use of capital letters before presenting your intellectual arguments. 

And got this:

Recently we became aware that your eBay registered account was involved in the
following activity:

Including profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, disruptive or hostile comments,
interpersonal disputes, or threats of violence in a post.

I guess it could fall under interpersonal disputes, but wouldn't that apply to about 90% of all postings?
Ma, they are way behind spanking postcards the bad if they are going to start pink slapping folks for "interpersonal disputes."

BTW - BBH got spanked a few months back for calling himself an idiot. 
Quote:Memoryrails

You used their user ID in the post which is against the rules.  If you had said Memoryfails you would have been OK.  Happy001
Violent1

Ha! I just got pinkslapped for saying "I just got pinkslapped for suggesting that someone learn how to spell? Is that now considered hate speech?"

I guess I'll quit while I'm behind.

But it's good to know that the Pinks are busy at their jobs!  Angel1
Too bad that can't post any substantive replies to any of the current issues.
hostile comments.

most likely.
I suppose it could be classified as hostile. Relatively tame, however, compared to other stuff I see on a regular basis. I guess I need to spread more sunshine.    :mgoodnews:
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=2631.msg9365#msg9365 date=1139858420]
I suppose it could be classified as hostile. Relatively tame, however, compared to other stuff I see on a regular basis. I guess I need to spread more sunshine.    :mgoodnews:
[/quote]
Right.  However, whether or not a thread gets reported probably depends on *who* it's directed at, and just exactly how much public backbone the person behind the ID has.........  It's my belief that most threads are reported by the person the post was directed at.... is that good english or what? ... with a few exceptions here and there. 
[quote author=amy link=topic=2631.msg9357#msg9357 date=1139854531]
You used their user ID in the post which is against the rules.  If you had said Memoryfails you would have been OK.  Happy001
[/quote]

Thank you eBay for creating a policy I actually enjoy.  It is much more fun to twist and poke fun at the other user's ID in order to avoid a pink slap than it is to type their actual ID and get slapped.  Smile :Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4