TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Stores are coming soon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
jimmychitwood Wrote:Stores are coming soon...

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=11935

Quote is from the Auctions Assistant VP.
I don't get the need for stores on an auction site.
[quote author=rossellini link=topic=2672.msg9613#msg9613 date=1140208664]
I don't get the need for stores on an auction site.
[/quote]

I like eBid's stores because they're merely used to categorize auction/buy it now items and make it easier for buyers to find what they want from a seller.

I HATE eBay's system of creating two types of items: store and auction, and forcing buyers to deal with two types of search--or now, adding store items to the very back of auction item searches. Search should be totally integrated--buyers don't care what fees the seller paid eBay--they care about finding their item easily. I think eBay's method is very confusing for many buyers and is NOT buyer friendly.

I hope Overstock goes with eBid's method.
Quote:I HATE eBay's system of creating two types of items: store and auction

I think the pricing of the new subscription plans eliminates the possibility of Overstock following eBay's lead and creating separate store/auction item types and fees.  When you can list 30,000 auction items for $39.95 monthly...
Overstock planned enhancements for 1st and 2nd quarter:

Quote:Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Teaser 
Hello everyone,

With so many requests scattered throughout the boards, I thought I'd take the opportunity to assure everyone in one central post, the following exciting features are currently in the development and/or testing for rollout during (what's left of) 1st quarter and 2nd quarter.

Stores (with competitive pricing!)

Bid Blocking/Bid Retraction

Subscription Pricing Plans (even further discounts from our already low pricing!)

An integrated payment service provider

Along with these great additions, there will be several bug fixes, new enhancements to the Antiques & other categories, a new Auction Management Service and many more tools to improve your selling success.

http://forums.auctions.overstock.com/vie...hp?t=12362

related topic:
Overstock Auctions To Introduce O-Subscription Pricing Plans For Listing
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...673.0.html
Quote:Stores (with competitive pricing!)

What does he consider competitive pricing?

Quote:An integrated payment service provider

OPay or a third party? I'll toss my cookies Puke if it is PayPal. 
Quote:What does he consider competitive pricing?

$15.94  Laughing7

I think creating stores is a waste of Overstock's time.  Amazon's stores within a store (zShops) have never caught on with Amazon shoppers.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=2672.msg11124#msg11124 date=1142787871]
Quote:An integrated payment service provider

OPay or a third party? I'll toss my cookies Puke if it is PayPal. 
[/quote]

The best thing they could do would be to completely rip off Amazon Payments  Smile and have a shopping cart that could be used for both stores and auctions.  It would eliminate a lot of buyer confusion.  On the other hand, I don't want to pay Amazon-like transaction fees...
How much are Amazon's transaction fees?
Quote:Stores (with competitive pricing!)

Bid Blocking/Bid Retraction

Subscription Pricing Plans (even further discounts from our already low pricing!)

An integrated payment service provider

1. I still don't get the need for stores on an auction site. NEUTRAL
2. Bid Blocking/Retraction:  Finally!!!  POSITIVE
3. The subscription pricing plans are very reasonably priced. POSITIVE
4. Payment service provider:  I need more information before making up my mind.  NEUTRAL
Pages: 1 2 3