TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Online Shopping Means A Lack of Customer Service At Many Ecommerce Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:With the convenience of e-commerce comes a trade-off: lack of personal customer service.

Phone numbers are sometimes hard to find, if they are there at all. E-mail queries often are answered by anonymous customer service representatives writing from "Do Not Reply" addresses.

It's not just eBay. Popular Web-based businesses such as Amazon.com and Netflix prefer you to navigate the FAQs first and to e-mail -- not call -- as a last resort...

"We live in a world of instant gratification," Galvez said. "If you've got someone on your product page, and they can't figure out what they want to know, they won't wait -- they'll go to the competitor."...

full article: http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/gomez021706.html
Quote:E-mail response time is anywhere from 24 to 48 hours...

"I know that sometimes people do not want to wait for an e-mail," Durzy conceded. "But we still think it is a very efficient way to get immediate answers."

24-48 hours is an immediate answer?  Happy001  :blinkie:

I reallllly prefer the telephone to email if I have a problem. It's much quicker.