TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: New Phish scam - Unpaid Item Reminder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This got my attention today - did I forget someone? Got through the Yahoo filters, too. The "dear ebay member" is a giveaway, as is that it is out-of-date and THE AUCTION NAMED HAD NOT EVEN CLOSED when I got it!

Note that the item has received a lot of bids and a huge 5168 hits!!! - looks like the scam has brought real bidders.    Hmmmm, maybe if I.....

Anyway it is a bit clever, so I thought you guys should see it.
--------------------------------------------------------------

eBay Unpaid Item Reminder: #7591035721

Dear eBay Member:

digitlegend has informed us that they have not yet received your payment for the following item:
Brand New Dell E176FP 17" LCD MONITOR no 1704fp e173fp - (#8768739027)

No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing to a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved within 7 days of this reminder, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under eBay's Unpaid Item Policy.

(I guess the button to respond goes here - I have HTML turned off so I don't see it)
Respond to this notification.

If you don't respond by Feb-16-2006 you may receive an Unpaid Item strike.

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to reach a resolution.

Regards,

eBay

There's a lot of that going around:  Ebay Unpaid Item Scam
[quote author=dimucci link=topic=2732.msg9779#msg9779 date=1140490402]
There's a lot of that going around:  Ebay Unpaid Item Scam
[/quote]

The phisher probably belongs to the Phish of the Month Club.  Join for the low introductory price of $19.95 and we'll send you one new phishing form letter each month that you can email to millions of potential victims.  Smile
When I stopped listing there last month I changed my filters to delete any email with the words Ebay or Paypal.
I got one too.
I also got one exactly the same with the same wording as posted above Hiding
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=2732.msg9783#msg9783 date=1140492411]
The phisher probably belongs to the Phish of the Month Club.  Join for the low introductory price of $19.95 and we'll send you one new phishing form letter each month that you can email to millions of potential victims.  Smile[/quote]

Dont those things start to smell if you leave them out???