TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Example of half-understood information that gets spread around to small business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bargainbloodhound should enjoy this topic because I've heard him make more than a few similar statements rants in the past about "the blind leading the blind" type of advice that is given on many message boards.  Happy001

Quote:The Danger of a Little Bit of Info

While surfing through my Google Alerts this morning, I was pleased to see USA Today giving some coverage to search engine optimization and search engine marketing in their small business "Ask an Expert" column. Unfortunately, the more I read, the sadder I got. The article was a key example of the type of half-understood information that gets spread around to small business owners causing confusion and generally leaving them no better off than they were before they read the article.

The article featured quite a few inaccuracies, most of which are worth addressing just to make sure the small business market remains clear on what they really do need to know...

full article: http://www.searchengineguide.com/searchb...06845.html
Quote:"Ask an Expert" column

Ask yourself would a SEO expert be working at USA Today?  Laughing4