TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Bill Cobb’s Town Hall with Rob Chesnut & Matt Halprin on Tuesday, February 28th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Hi everyone...this is Bill Cobb, President of eBay North America. I’m here to invite you to our next Town Hall event on Tuesday, February 28th from 3:00-4:00 pm PT.

I know that Trust & Safety is an important subject to all of you, so I’ve asked two key members of eBay’s Trust & Safety team to join me this month. Rob Chesnut, Senior Vice President of Rules, Trust & Safety, is a veteran to the Town Hall forum, and we’re happy to have him back as my guest. He will be joined by Matt Halprin, Vice President of Global Policy Management. Rob and Matt will be able to talk about eBay’s Trust & Safety priorities and answer your questions.

To submit your Trust & Safety question, visit our Town Hall page at www.ebay.com/townhall. We will also answer questions you submit to us live during the event.

You can listen to the audio of this Town Hall through Windows Media Player or through Real Player. Details on how to download and install the latest versions of both of these are available on our Town Hall page.

I hope you’ll join us on the 28th!

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President, eBay North America

I can save you from wasting your time attending this meeting by summing up eBay's Trust and Safety priorities in a few words:

#1. protect EBAY from liability [insert the words "just a venue" here]
#2. protect EBAY's public image [if it's Monday, insert an eBay official blaming the users here.  If it's Tuesday, insert the words "we have a staff of over 1000 devoted to fighting fraud" here.]