TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Tall, gangly blond with turquoise blue eyes that look into you with an intensity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Tall, gangly, blond with turquoise blue eyes that look into you with an intensity that’s surprising and makes it difficult to call her Maggie or Meg.

Meg Whitman, president & CEO of eBay, is probably the longest-serving chief of a dotcom firm. Someone who has seen the boom, bust and the maturing of the internet business model, and seen eBay touch revenues of $4.5 bn...

Quote:eBay went on to create a successful market and, may be, the trick lies in the way the company looks at its users. “When Pierre Omidiyar started eBay, he was not looking at it as a community, he just wanted to build a trading platform for common people. It is only later that this community has developed,” Ms Whitman said...

“We see this community when we have our gathering called eBay Live. We see the community sellers come and talk about how they grew their business. Buyers talk about bidding and where to get the best deal on eBay,” she said.

full article: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/arti...424908.cms
Okay, maybe I've been watching the Olympics too much lately, but when I read the phrase tall, gangly blond with turquoise blue eyes - I'm thinking "Nordic Ski God" rather than our beloved Megster. 

I've never thought of Meg as gangly  Lol

Quote:“We see this community when we have our gathering called eBay Live. We see the community sellers come and talk about how they grew their business. Buyers talk about bidding and where to get the best deal on eBay,” she said.

If eBay Live is where Meg and her henchmen are getting their ideas from then that explains why their decisions are so often out of touch with what the average buyer and seller wants.  Tongue