TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: (not currently available)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Completed: Amazon Planned Maintenance
Posted: Mar 11, 2006 3:40 AM

Greetings from Amazon.com,

The planned maintenance activity for this morning has been completed.

Thank You,

Bs unless the planned activity was to make zShops and Auctions oders inaccessible--in which case their planned activity was successful.

Quote:View your current inventory
Amazon.com Marketplace: open | closed
Auctions: opening soon (not currently available) | open (not currently available) | closed (not currently available)
zShops: opening soon (not currently available) | open (not currently available)

Quote:Manage Your Orders
View your orders

View your recent Marketplace orders | Search your Marketplace orders
View your Auctions orders (not currently available)
View your zShops orders (not currently available)

BangHead Fluck  BangHead
Fixed.
This is my (paranoid conspiracy  Icon_biggrin ) theory on why problems frequently occur after Amazon's "Planned Maintenance" periods.  When the percentage of orders going to Marketplace sellers (as opposed to buying Amazon's own items) rises above a certain percentage during a week,  Amazon schedules a maintenance period and disables a few seller features (like the ability to buy from Marketplace sellers) so people will be forced to buy its merchandise.  When the ratio of marketplace/Amazon sales falls back below the magic threshold it then enables the allegedly "broken" features.

That's my (paranoid conspiracy) theory and I'm sticking to it.  Tongue
Quote: Resolved - Amazon Un-Planned Event
Posted: May 3, 2006 11:07 PM

The earlier reported issue that was impacting the ability to access the “Your Seller Account” area of the site has been resolved.

This unplanned event isn't resolved yet:

Quote: Amazon Un-Planned Event - Seller Payment Accounts
Posted: May 4, 2006 7:32 AM

We are currently experiencing an issue which is impacting the ability of sellers to update their "Amazon Payments Account" area on Amazon.com. Sellers can still access order information using the appropriate links under "Manage Your Orders".

Our engineers are actively engaged in restoring service and we will provide an update when the issue is resolved.

The unplanned events only happen when I'm trying to access my account--like last night and this morning.  BangHead  Laughing7
Amazon isn't perfect, but it's still better than eBay.  Big Grin

An Amazon executive could poop on my doorstep, light it on fire, and then ring my doorbell and run... and I would STILL like Amazon over eBay.
If I hadn't been bought by Lieworld agents yesterday and started my new job as an undercover Meg Kool-Aid Brigade Agent I'd agree with you two.  :twistedevil:
Sign10